Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • "cheap" carbon road disc frames – Ribble, Planet X, anything else out there?
  • njee20
    Free Member

Do you commute down Priory Road/through Richmond Park by any chance?

I don’t not commute through RP/Priory Road… clearly we’ve met!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/WPFURSPOD/fulcrum-racing-sport-disc-clincher-wheelset

~£160 for the 12×100/142 bolt thru set, basically the same set that come on the full Cube Attain GTC Pro. 😉

Don’t know if this is the cheapest place, just something I spotted recently.

nathb
    Free Member

I won’t touch PX or Fulcrum wheels 😆

I’ve got some cosine wheels (novatec hubs), which you can convert to thru axles, I can quite easily get hold of the rear one but the front 12mm caps seems to be impossible…

nemesis
    Free Member

Tick

njee20
    Free Member
    nathb
    Free Member

Haha.

But now I’m so confused, I buy the axle for the rear wheel and the end caps for the front – what holds the wheel on? 😆

nathb
    Free Member

I’m sticking the Ribble.

The cubes very nice but I prefer the geometry of the Ribble and there’s too much faffing to convert kit to get it to work.

I’ll represent my home city here in the south.

(sorry for the thread hijack too haha)

timothycdbarnes
    Free Member

Yep – I have the same Cosine wheels and those are indeed the end caps you need – I got them from that linky too.

burchill
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    Do you commute down Priory Road/through Richmond Park by any chance?
    I don’t not commute through RP/Priory Road… clearly we’ve met!

I thought I recognised the bike! I was going to ask if it was a Chinese carbon frame but thought that may be taken the wrong way. You’ve certainly inspired me to at least semi-pimp my commuter.

I’ll say hello next time! (Boardman CX with full guards and creaking BB30)

nathb
    Free Member

You’re going to say hello to each other, in London?!

My only form of communication on my commute is to erm politely ask the red light/line jumpers to stop getting in my way 😆

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Any idea on tyre clearance on those Cubes?

njee20
    Free Member

I thought I recognised the bike! I was going to ask if it was a Chinese carbon frame but thought that may be taken the wrong way. You’ve certainly inspired me to at least semi-pimp my commuter.

I’ll say hello next time! (Boardman CX with full guards and creaking BB30)

S’ok, a number of people have asked what it is! It’s my second one, bought on the strength of the first. Be on it tomorrow/Thursday, so I’ll give you a shout if I see you!

nathb
    Free Member

YoKaiser – Member
    Any idea on tyre clearance on those Cubes?

From a CRC review:

I’ve fitted Conti gp4000s2’s in 28mm, which actually inflate to approx 31mm on these wheels. There’s room to go up a size, I reckon. That’s with sks race blade mudguards too.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Cheers nathb.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’ve not tried fitting them yet to my Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc, but I bought a pair of 28mm Grand Sport Race last week as something I could fit either on the Wazoo’s 29er wheels or on the Cube.

I read somewhere that there’s ~32mm of measured safe clearance, but as we know, some brands come up big and others small compared to advertised spec.

nemesis
    Free Member

Njee – what tyre clearance have you got in that? 25? 28?

njee20
    Free Member

Pretty tight, running 23 on the rear, 25 on the front (just because one wore out more quickly, will be 25s both ends shortly).

You won’t get wider than 25 in, which is what they claim to be fair.

nathb
    Free Member

Ribble have proper messed my order up, is it a sign? 😆

nemesis
    Free Member

I can live with a 25. Thanks.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘"cheap" carbon road disc frames – Ribble, Planet X, anything else out there?’ is closed to new replies.