Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • cheap car stereos
  • gazc
    Free Member

anyone know of any good offers about at the moment? we’ve lost the faceplate on ours – it’s an old panasonic one, we’re not emotionally tied to it so if can get a cheap stereo rather than a new faceplate that’s fine

Depends what you mean by cheap. Halfords usually have a good selection of reasonably priced car stereos.

partyboy1101
    Free Member

I’ve got a Pioneer DEH P77MP knocking about, second hand obviously but like new and at the time was the definitive car stereo….not all flashy light and stuff just high, audiophile quality. Email me if you’re interested.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Try Aldi, they often have decent ones for around £50.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Lidl or Aldi are doing one soon/were doing one very recently.

gazc
    Free Member

by cheap i mean 30-40 quid really. not bothered by any fancy stuff just needs to play cds and work! will check out the aldi/lidl ones cheers

D0NK

I had an aldi one a few years ago, pretty good – well being able to play mp3s from USB or cd was cool, aural quality no idea. Whilst I can hear a sparrow fart from 50yards I couldn’t tell a decent hifi from a cheapo and I certainly couldn’t tell if your directional cables are setup right 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

I got a cheap one off eBay – had an SD Card slot in it which is what I was after.

Its been pretty good. The only problem I had was I noticed that that the standby power draw was huge and was flattening the camper battery over 2 weeks. So I changed the power connection to ignition switched and its been fine.

I miss RDS though. Next one I get will have SD card and RDS. Maybe even DAB…..

Oh and I also miss LW for TMS.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘cheap car stereos’ is closed to new replies.