Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cheap but decent acoustic or semi-acoustic guitar…
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

I used to play guitar as a kid, I played a lot for about 13 years, had some very nice guitars, a 1970s Telecaster in Paisley, a Gibson Les Paul custom, a SG Standard in cherry red….

And then my flat flooded at uni, and all my guitars were lost, and the compensation went on sorting other stuff out.

So I’ve not played for about 10 years now.

I’m bored in the evenings with the rubbish weather, so was thinking maybe it’d be goodto relearn the scales, and get back to writing music…

Can anyone recommend a cheap’ish but decent Acoustic or Semi Acoustic? I dont want to amp anything up….

Cheers chaps!

Ricks

Konastoner
    Free Member

I recommended a Yamaha F310, good reviews and can be picked up 2nd hand for around £40.

Konastoner
    Free Member

Here’s a review: –

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2_hDSqY3S6U[/video]

CountZero

Can’t go far wrong with a Yamaha.

user-removed
    Free Member

I was in exactly the same position a few years ago (used to be my life, played in lots of bands, gave up for various reasons). After lots of research I bought a Vintage V300 for £100, although I see they’ve gone up by £30 or thereabouts.

Ultimate Guitars sub £1000 guitar of the year at the time, beating Martins, Yamahas etc.

First Google result…

Love mine. It’s a wee bit dinky but I have big hands and have no problems playing it. The tone really is incredible.

nickdavies

Cheap but decent = Yamaha. Something second hand easily available and won’t cost a lot.

Quick mooch at guitar guitar shows this: http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/preowned_guitars_detail.asp?stock=px-G15ES3234

Big but lovely… i’ve got one of the exotic wood 12 strings and it’s fantastic.

rickon
    Free Member

Cutaway would be great actually, I used to spend a lot of time above the 12th fret 🙂

The Ibanez looks lovely…..

Hmmmmm…. Indeed

RustySpanner

Sigma are getting a hell of a lot of love in the press at the mo.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cheap but decent acoustic or semi-acoustic guitar…’ is closed to new replies.