• This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • cheap brake pads
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

short and simple……

where do i get cheap break pads from?

cheers

crispybacon
    Free Member

Superstar components ?……………. runs away & hides 🙂

CheesybeanZ

Disco on e-bay

Jamie
    Free Member

I just got a pair of organic Superstar ones off ebay for a fiver.

40mpg

I've just got 4 sets of sintered from superstar for £23. 2 rides in and no problems, seem to stop well enough. I;ll see how they go 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

superstar are fine imo.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Remember that superstar are the ultimate in evil. Pads don't last 2 minutes and I personally couldn't feel safe riding my bike with the chance of the pad material falling off the backing being so much higher than a proper product. That and they're unpleasant guys to deal with.

Clarks/Fibrax/Alligator all seem trustworthy and long lasting.

stevemorg2

A2Z pads – Wolly Hat Shop – cheap but VERY good

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

superstar_opponents – Member
    Remember that superstar are the ultimate in evil. Pads don't last 2 minutes and I personally couldn't feel safe riding my bike with the chance of the pad material falling off the backing being so much higher than a proper product. That and they're unpleasant guys to deal with.

Clarks/Fibrax/Alligator all seem trustworthy and long lasting.

IME they (superstar) have been polite, arrived quickly, and I have had zero issues with brake pads lasting longer than the regular supplied shimano ones.

Superstar may have had a bad batch a year/18 months ago, but they really are fine now.

warton
    Free Member

Never had a problem with superstar. Fruit made a bit of an idiot of himself on here a few times,but my last order arrived with haribo, so all is forgiven!

grumm
    Free Member

I personally couldn't feel safe riding my bike with the chance of the pad material falling off the backing being so much higher than a proper product.

I did the Mega with superstar Kevlar pads – and I didn't even have to change them for a while afterwards. Also found Neil fine to deal with and service very speedy. He did certainly not do himself any favours on here though.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

cheers

superstar it is

gee
    Free Member

Kind of of like buying a Tesco Value parachute IMO.

GB

Jamie
    Free Member

Kind of of like buying a Tesco Value parachute IMO.

Why wouldn't you though? It only needs to work once.

gee
    Free Member

Indeed it does – but would it? Plus brake pads need to work on many occasions, most of which would result in a huge crash if they decided not to.

GB

Northwind

Superstar_Opponents wrote: "Remember that superstar are the ultimate in evil. Pads don't last 2 minutes and I personally couldn't feel safe riding my bike with the chance of the pad material falling off the backing being so much higher than a proper product."

Could it be any more obvious you've just got some axe to grind? I'm no fan of Superstar's practices or some of their products but the pads are absolutely fine now, and last well too. If you're using the soft compounds in bad conditions they won't last, just like any other manufacturer, but the sintered ones last very well.

daveh
    Free Member

I've found Superstar to be very good with customer service. No issue with their pads either.

dano
    Free Member

superstar pads are ok, they dont have the quality of some others, but they are wqay cheaper, just keep an aye on them and make sure your brakes are set up well and both pads strike at the same time… if your pads are rubbing in the winter, they will only last a few rides.

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Clarks pads are a fiver on chain reaction

mboy
    Free Member

The best BRAKE pads are IMO the A2Z blue compound, it also helps that they're one of the cheapest.

Decent combination of performance and longevity means they're what I buy every time I need new pads.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘cheap brake pads’ is closed to new replies.