• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cheap biking holidays in Europe
  • dav1d
    Free Member

So we were looking at going to Sauze d’Oulx for a few days after reading about it in STW and thought we could do it for about £300 for everything, but I’ve come to the conclusion I’d rather go for longer.

Where is best to go in Europe for somewhere very cheap (flights, accommodation, lift passes) that we won’t need guiding (with more than just full-on dh runs) in the beginning of September? I’m assuming rather than using a holiday company we’d find our own accommodation/transfers/etc as this will be cheaper?

jobbyheid
    Free Member

Alpine Elements are super cheap as they include flights.. never been with them though..

http://www.alpineelements.co.uk/mountain-biking-holidays.html

snaps
    Free Member

We had a week in Switzerland last year for under £350 each – description here http://www.mtbbritain.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=10240
    The guy we went with has set up his own holiday company called http://www.trail-hunters.com

stevomcd
    Free Member

daVid: You might find we can offer you a full transfers/accom/food/guiding package cheaper than you think. A week in September with us costs £325 max and includes everything except flights. Check us out: The White Room

Spongebob
    Free Member

I always used to go biking in the Alps for 4-5 days for around £350 (for 9 years). This was until last year where the cost escalated to £550. This was because I let my mate book some scabby, yet expensive hotel in Chamonix. I can’t blame him entirely though: a breakfast in the hotel was 11 Euros and was pretty lean. Elsewhere coffee and croissant cost 6-7 Euros, whereas before we had been to a place doing a full monty for 5-6 Euros. Add the weak pound and ripoff beer prices, we decided we would take a year off from Europe!! Oh and basic pizza like a Marguerita had rocketted from around 8-9 Euros to 12-13. No thanks!!

The best accomodation is a self-catering apartment IMO. Try Piere et Vacances. September will be cheaper than July which is when we normally go. We tried September in the early days but switched to July because we thought the weather would be warmer.

trailhunter
    Free Member

We got some great deals for this summer if you have got a group. Check us out at trail-hunters.com . We can provide pretty much everythng you’ll need. We ride in Zermatt,Verbier,Bellwald,Feisch,St Luc, Crans Montana,Leysin and Pila to name a few. We specialize in long epic downhills(Singletrack etc) and lots of downhill. Contact me for some good deals on trailhunters@googlemail.com. Regards Chris

trailhunter
    Free Member

[/url]here is the link

trailhunter
    Free Member

click my member name for the link

nasher
    Free Member

Our holidays used to be around that mark, but incresing costs, weak pound etc has meant that it now costs an extra 200 quid.

It really depends on the level of service you require as uplifts and guiding adds a lot to the price of your holiday.

Places in morzine can be very cheap as trails are easy to find and plenty of lifts. Again there are many companies there (they do not provide guiding) and costs vary in alevel of accommodation and food.

steveh

Don’t touch alpine elements with a very large very poo covered stick that isn’t yours.

Email for more info if you want or google them or snowboard lodge (their winter company).

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Certainly finding your own accommodation will be cheaper. If you’re after a lift assisted holiday with no guides, you may have to go in late August rather than september – There are some lifts open in September, but most resorts start closing down leaving only a few lifts open. If you don’t care where you’re staying, and are just thinking of the money, then Alpine Elements just can’t be beat. You get what you pay for – as with anything.

juan
    Free Member

hey most of rural gites are about 15-20 € a night with breakfast and sometimes dinne.

Then a couple of IGN1/25000 maps and you are sorted.
    Usually when we go in the queyars for 3-4 days it’s about 100-150 and that include and expensive restaurant on the way in and some rafting.

MSP

If there is a group going why not drive across and camp, having a car will give more freedom to explore.

MSP

Have a loot at this book for sugestions of the riding available

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cheap biking holidays in Europe’ is closed to new replies.