Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cheap as chips phone
  • Yak

Yet again I have inexplicably broken my phone. Nothing to do with the minor lay-down on this morning’s ride. No, not at all. So then all I need is something for calls, a bit of web browsing and email. Not fussed about other apps. There’s no 4g round here either.

The Vodafone smart first 7 is £15. That will do – right? Seems a bargain. Anything else I should look at?

CountZero

Nokia 3310 re-issue? Seems to tick all the right boxes.
    https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/nokia-3310

A decent case?

Yeah, that too…

Jamie
    Free Member

Anything else I should look at?

A decent case?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member
    Yak

Cheers, but I have a non-smart old nokia already. I, ahem, just didn’t have it in my pocket yesterday. Instead I had a big windows phone in an armoured case. Although the case clearly did naff-all. I just don’t want to spend much on a new smartphone, as i’m not a heavy app user. But I am on a sim-only contract so just need a cheap replacement payg to swap my sim into.

So I thought one of the current crop of 3g only cheap android phones would do. Or will it fall over at the first sign of email and web use?

gears_suck
    Free Member

CEX. Used, cheap and guaranteed.

nickjb
    Free Member

We have a £40 Huawei that comes out occasionally, usually when my wife breaks her good phone. Its OK. Has all basic smart features. Email and messaging is fine, even the GPS mapping works OK. It is a bit slow, enough to be mildly annoying every now and then, but still very usable.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

CEX. Used, cheap and guaranteed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cheap as chips phone’ is closed to new replies.