Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • cheap alfine or single speed crosser/29er
  • OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Pretty much decided on a genesis day one single speed (drop ver.), however, before i splash cash, is there any thoughts on a cheap alfine cross/commute bike – not really for racing, more like winter commutes/adventures!

day one alfine looks a wee bit pricey at £450 more than ss version.

Also, must be available on halfords C2W scheme so I think it may rule out anything from on-one? (if not then that may open up more options).

Budget is tight, want to spend as little as poss. as I also have an MTB and lightweight cross ‘race’ bike.

chewkw
    Free Member

From £799.

or the cheaper version with non disc v-brake? From £3.99.

geoffj

I know the on-one is a few quid cheaper, but it is fugly, compared to the Genesis IMHO.

chewkw
    Free Member

On-One Pompetamine Alfine needs to straighten the forks a bit that’s all. 😆 £200 cheaper.

chewkw
    Free Member

Or Cotic Roadrat but then not sure about the price.

chewkw
    Free Member

Or this … but not sure if it is available in the UK. Not Alfine.

chewkw
    Free Member

Singular Swift ?

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Like the singular!

The day one Alfine looks great… but £450 for cheap discs and an alfine hub? If possible the day one single could be a better bet and convert to an alfine 11spd later?

chewkw
    Free Member

If I am not mistaken Day One will come up with Alfine 11 in 2011 so check with them but I bet the price will more.

Personally I quite like the look of the Raleigh Sojourn especially the colour co-ordination and I would rather the frame be EBB but not a major problem. Also Raleigh Sojourn is only available in the USA at around $1,000 apparently but then you might need another £500 to covert it to Alfine 11.

I might convert my Singular Swift (none EBB and not the one above) to Alfine 11 later on when I have time. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘cheap alfine or single speed crosser/29er’ is closed to new replies.