Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • cheap 50mm Stem – 1 1/8" steerer, 25.4mm bars – recommedations?
  • alfabus
    Free Member

I’m building up a parts bin bike, but I only seem to have a load of barge tiller stems spare (130mm!!).

I already have a set of bars I want to use, so want to buy a nice stubby stem to fit, but I can’t seem to find any (or many) 50mm stems for 25.4 bars.

I know thomson do them, but this isn’t that kind of project. Would rather not have some horrifically overbuild DH monster either, just a plain simple, light-ish short stem.

Anyone recommend any?

Dave

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bontrager do some nice ones at decent prices, as do On One (the old 456 stem was decent, I had one exactly as you describe) 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member
    soma_rich
    Free Member
    alfabus
    Free Member

cheers PP,

I couldn’t find any on the on-one site… they are all 31.8 or really long.

Dave

nbt

Outland do very reasonably priced bar & stem combos

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Yeah, those carbon cycles ones are ok and very light indeed.

I recently got one of these Outland ones as a cheap replacement for the CC one, they are great quality for the money. A bit heavier than the CC stem, but not ‘downhill overbuilt’ of you know what I mean:

http://www.mailorderbikes.com/m5b0s223p3905/OUTLAND_Freeride_4_bolt_handlebar_stem

Edit: nbt is spot on.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

couldn’t find any on the on-one site… they are all 31.8 or really long

Sorry, I just had a look too…. All gone now it seems!

RudiBoy
    Free Member

I have a BBB one you can have for £7 posted

mangoridebike

I’ve got a spare 50mm stem, an on one 456, black body silver face plate one. 0 rise I think. never been used. £10 posted

oops rudiboy got there first

alfabus
    Free Member

as it happens, I need 2.

can you both send me pics, please?

email in profile (i think… if not i’ll put it there)

Dave

selaciosa
    Free Member

I have one of these you can have for £10 posted… http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=3231

alfabus
    Free Member

cheers selaciosa… i’ve got one of those in a cupboard… it weighs an absolute ton!

thanks anyway,
    Dave

honourablegeorge

NS Bikes on CRC do decent, cheap ones, couple of mates have the older models, they’ve been good, newer ones are lighter but still cheap

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘cheap 50mm Stem – 1 1/8" steerer, 25.4mm bars – recommedations?’ is closed to new replies.