• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ajc.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Chatel / Magic Rides
  • Wrongun
    Free Member

Just wanted to big-up both the resort, and the company really. 7 of us went out last week and had an wicked time. http://www.magic-rides.com sorted us out with transfers from Geneva (1.5hrs) + a well pimped Chalet (hot-tub, sauna, beer)+ Guiding (cheers Glen). The resort is awesome & we were pretty lucky with the weather which meant we had a few days of top noch riding both in the bike park, and also some more off-piste trails for the conoisseur. We rode everything from 4x courses, full on DH, "DH singetrack", XC & fast "mariocart" style fireroad racing. We also got over to Morzine. There were a few stacks between us but nothing serious luckily

For some reason there also seemed to be many attractive ladies about, which was a nice surprise.

Have ridden a few of the Alpine resorts, but the less well known Chatel seemed to kick all their butts is most areas… Highly recomended

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

OOO jealous! Pre la Joux!!! Went out for Passportes in Junes but Mr MC (curse curse) fell off on day 1 and broke his knee and ended up in hospital! So my holiday ruined! It was my 7th time to Morzine area and always head over to Chatel for at least 2 days of playing there….. can feel your love for the area! Great place!!

HeatherBash
    Free Member

I agree – hope it doesnt get Morzineated by the English (no offence intended)

Did you try the Fantisticable?

Crag
    Free Member

Was over there the week before you with the same company in the same digs.

The guiding was quality, loads off the beaten track, and Glen really new his stuff. The riding round Chatel was awesome.

I'll be back there next year with them.

Wrongun
    Free Member

Crag – Awesome wasn't it!

Anyway when we were there, Glen got a text from a bar saying his previous weeks group had forgotton to pay a 40 euro bar bill… was from a place you were playing pool? Might be worth emailing Glen, cus I think he paid it.

Crag
    Free Member

I remember the bar, can't remember paying. Didn't realize we'd done a runner though! I blame the guide seen as he was with us ;).

dasnut
    Free Member

the only thing I remember is sliding down a grassy slope on my arris to get back to the chalet.

I think the wing commander is in the chair for this one

firestarter
    Free Member

i likes chatel i used to live just over the swiss border just out of town in morgin lovely 🙂

ajc
    Free Member

I liked Chatel so much I bought an apartment. Available to rent 🙂

Was there last week and did a great ride up to and over the col behind the town and via Torgon down to Vionaz then back by train and bus. Its a long very nice descent and didn't see any other riders.

firestarter
    Free Member

mmm ajc what sort of rent is it mate 😉

ajc
    Free Member

Mick, all depends when you want to go but deals are definately available for the remaining weeks of the summer season. mail me at alexanderclifford at hotmail dot com with some dates for prices and further info.

firestarter
    Free Member

itll prob be next year now mate wedding in oct 😉 will keep you in mind tho mate . thanks

chilli
    Free Member

I liked it so much i bought an appartment there too!http://www.alpview.co.uk

ajc
    Free Member

Chilli, nice web site, did you do it yourself? We are on the road just below the primary school.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Chatel / Magic Rides’ is closed to new replies.