Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Charlie Brooker/Rich Hall on HIGNFY tonight
  • somafunk

This should be a good episode tonight.

rone

Yes, he’s says it’s been a quiet week.

Also his end of year screen/news wipe is going to burst at the seems. They had enough material by June apparently.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up.
    Saw Rich Hall live recently. V funny.

somafunk

I imagine screen wipe this xmas will have to be a mini series or at least a trilogy to cover all the news.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I hope they dont spend the whole evening rattling on about trump/brexit. An instant way to turn off either the slight majority or slight minority of your audience.

edhornby

Jeez oldtalent, what else would make for better pisstaking material than that????

oldtalent
    Free Member

Jeez oldtalent, what else would make for better pisstaking material than that????

Depends how they do it I suppose. I had the misfortune to see marcus bridgestock recently, whose whole ‘act’ seemed to revolve around calling ukip, brexit & tories voters ****. It wasnt comedy, unless you agreed with his odious views.
    Ive always liked rich hall though, so hopefully will be entertaining.

MoreCashThanDash

Rich Hall did a great thing about US presidential elections the other night. They’ve been crooked mud slinging matches since Independence.

igm

I saw Rory Bremner getting stuck into Brexit – very funny. And horrific.

eddie11
    Free Member

Depends how they do it I suppose. I had the misfortune to see marcus bridgestock recently, whose whole ‘act’ seemed to revolve around calling ukip, brexit & tories voters ****. It wasnt comedy, unless you agreed with his odious views.
    Ive always liked rich hall though, so hopefully will be entertaining.

You’d hate Ben Elton 😆

hamishthecat
    Free Member

>>looks forward to Marcus Brigstock coming to Exeter<<

swanny853

I used to really like Marcus brigstocke, I didnt always agree with him but I always felt equal parts challenged and mocked by what he said, really enjoyed his radio stuff, went to see him a couple of times.

Then maybe five years ago he dropped to straight up abuse- even when I agreed with him it wasn’t funny. Shame.

allthegear
    Free Member

Just got in from watching Rich Hall on stage. Bloody hilarious.

Rachel

enfht
    Free Member

Wet and predictable. None of them understand the US, not even the yank. Many many funnier episodes of HIGNFY exist, they missed a golden opportunity imo.

mefty
    Free Member

You’d hate Ben Elton

Ben Elton has been accused of selling out because, inter alia, he worked with Lloyd Webber, who is, and I don’t say this lightly, a Tory – at least there was some wit in his old routines.

Rich Hall is brilliant, but haven’t seen this week’s show.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

not even the yank.

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

seadog101

Watched it last night and I laughed like a drain. Mrs Seadog looked at me like I was part bonkers.

mikey74
    Free Member

I thought it was excellent, apart from Maureen Lipman’s embarrassingly bad impressions.

Gotta love Rich Hall.

salad_dodger

I think I’d enjoy Rich Hall a whole lot more if I could understand half of what he says. When he talks he reminds me of Jeff Bridges playing Rooster Cogburn in True Grit.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

i can’t see Rich Hall without thinking of Mo from the Simpsons..
    Great episode.

footflaps

whose whole ‘act’ seemed to revolve around calling ukip, brexit & tories voters ****.

Sounds like my ideal night out!

Speshpaul

“i can’t see Rich Hall without thinking of Mo from the Simpsons..”
    He makes that joke himself,
    Probably my fave Comic, loves he rants, (Clarkson is worth youtubeing)
    Really enjoyed his essays on the US,

igm

Comes across as bright, thoughtful and well researched as well as morose and jaded does Rich Hall.

Very watchable.

sparksmcguff

See I thought Maureen Lipman was just hilarious. Loved her impressions. Full of genuine rage at the injustice of the world

mikey74
    Free Member

Maybe it’s because I generally hate impressionists. Her impressions were crap, though.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Charlie Brooker/Rich Hall on HIGNFY tonight’ is closed to new replies.