Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Charity sports event – minimum sponsorship
  • rocco

When signing up to a sports event, like Ironman or London to Paris etc you are required to raise a minimum level of sponsorship, but what happens if you don’t raise the minimum? Does the charity then look to you to pay it personally?

wwaswas

yep.

They’re expecting ‘X’ you can pay it all yourself if you want, they’re not that bothered…

perchypanther
    Free Member

Just don’t borrow someone else’s bike for it…….unless you’ve pre agreed the procedure to be followed in the event of damage.

DrP

..and if you don’t pay it, they ‘give’ you the condition you are raising money for….
    Probably or something..

DrP

lunge

Generally the minimum level of sponsorship is basically the cost of you entering the event, so if you don’t raise it then the charity would need to cover the cost of you doing it.

When I did L2P I had a minimum sponsorship requirement and if I didn’t have it 6 weeks before the event I wasn’t allowed to ride.

scruff9252

What lunge said. Charities usually pay a significant premium for their places over the general punters. Failing to meet the minimum usually means the charatity you’re “raising” money for are actually losing money.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Charity sports event – minimum sponsorship’ is closed to new replies.