Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Charity lane arse clencher
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Up for an early ride and passed a guy coming back the other way. He said don’t bother it’s icy, he wasn’t kidding!! Never seen it so bad. It was like a frozen river half way down, several inches thick from edge to edge. Completely unrideable 🙁

nuke

He said don’t bother it’s icy

Red rag to a bull comment….this wasn’t advice, this was throwing down the gauntlet based on the fact it couldn’t possibly be as bad as all that and/or the fact he was clearly being a wuss

…later to be provided completely wrong 😉

M6TTF
    Free Member

haha – so right LOL – in 20 years I’ve never seen it as bad as it is today, couldn’t even stand up on it

MrOvershoot

Its a right arse clencher when its Icy, rode (ok slithered) down there one night ride with Higgo off here when it was -6
    Got to the church at the bottom and said “my tyres are shot” then it was pointed out to me the sheet ice with the odd boulder sticking out 😳

M6TTF
    Free Member

M6TTF
    Free Member

pics from yesterday

M6TTF
    Free Member

how come flickr pics arent showing?

M6TTF
    Free Member
    Bregante

that looks more like a river!

M6TTF
    Free Member

Aye, a frozen bloody river, won’t be venturing up until it warms up – and that may take a while!

cuckoo
    Free Member

Looks like Jacobs Ladder on Christmas Eve.

I had been out walking to the frozen waterfall at Kinder Downfall and sat down for a hot drink overlooking the Jacobs Ladder descent. I watched some guy ride down it on the bike and thought it was pretty impressive.

However it was only when i walked down it about 15 mins later that I realised it was essentially a frozen river (like your pics of charity lane) and I could barely stand up on it.

I was stunned (and still am) that someone could ride down it, amazing skills.

Stainypants

I was on it a few days before and it was fine. Anyhow all this rain should have melted it.

Nick

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Charity lane arse clencher’ is closed to new replies.