Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Charity Lane and 3 Shires Head conditions – snow still?
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Thinking of getting out over 3 Shire Head/Macc Forest way. I’m expecting 3 Shires and Charity Lane to still have a lot of snow to be honest, but if someone can tell me it’s riding well I’ll get over there. What’s the latest?

carlos
    Free Member

Going for a local ride round tomorrow so will report back after lunch sometime.

tazzymtb
    carlos
    Free Member

Well that pic of Higgo’s looks like it’ll be worth a try, a good few tyre prints means some have tried. I’ve seen it worse and you can always bail Right into the trees and pick up a deer track down onto Narnia

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Looks like a pretty pointless trip if Charity Lane is like in Higgo’s pic. Any updates for 3 Shires and Cumberland Brook?

banks
    Free Member

Carlos – Narnia is fun just don’t get caught by mr ranger in the land rover

carlos
    Free Member

Update-

Charity is hard going at best, walked about 25m or so but rode the rest up to the aerials, going down its patchy ice and snow drifts, still rode it but with care. Oh and there is an easier route up if you prefer, its just to the right of the main Charity Lane where the machines have been going up and down. Its a grassy soily mix but looks more rideable than the snow.

Didn’t go to Cumberland or 3 Shires as was having too much fun playing in the trees, which on Nessit side is riding like summer (bone dry and fast) and on Standingstone side its thawed a tad more but still very rideable. 🙂

Hacked Way still has drifts and a fair bit of snow on it, pretty much from Teggs reserviour up to where the tarmac climb to Charity starts. More fun descending than climbing.

Worth going out for me as I’m local, know some cheeky bits and ride there from home.

Banks- lol, been gripped before by a PT’er, didn’t see him today on Teggs or any of the forrest tracks. Some lady walker told me at my age I should know better than ride in the forrest, to which I replied that I prob should, wished her a good day and rode off. 😉

tops5
    Free Member

We were round that way last Saturday

Don’t know the exact location but the snow blower driver told us there were 3 cars under that drift!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Charity Lane and 3 Shires Head conditions – snow still?’ is closed to new replies.