Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Chariot Stroller – Baby Bivi Attachment
  • beamers

Any one have one of these:

Chariot Baby Bivi

If so do you use it with a sheet inside (for ease of cleaning) or do you put your baby straight inside, suitably dressed of course.

sometimerider
    Free Member

We’ve got the Bill & Ted equivalent. Never even occurred to me to put a sheet inside to be honest.

Will you cover the stroller before putting the kid in it? If not, why cover the baby bivi?

beamers

I mean put a sheet under the baby to keep the bivi clean.

marcus
    Free Member

Thats cute that is !

miketually
    Free Member

I mean put a sheet under the baby to keep the bivi clean.

How dirty is your baby? 😉

We used to stick a muslin square under the kids’ heads when we put them into their pushchair or pram, to catch and sick.

redted
    Free Member

We have the sling in ours and just put him in a very humiliating suit.You could line the bivi with a sheet I guess to save from any accidents but I wouldn’t really worry about it. Our lad’s not really been sick through travelling in ours and the suspension is surprisingly effective and he tends to just nod off in it anyway. Best two hours of my week!

molgrips
    Free Member

How many of you go biking with the babies?

redted
    Free Member

Me for one, saves the ball ache of organising baby sitters/inlaws in the middle of the day and I’m hoping that subconciously and totally selfishly, it will nurture a love of cycling and the outdoors for the future, based on no scientific evidence whatsoever.

SammyC
    Free Member

Sure do:

That’s a double one with his car seat in BTW. It was a loan to try but now we’ve got our own single one. 🙂

beamers

Nice Pics.

Probably not going to go MTBing with our little ‘un from day one but it will definitely be taken out an about in the Chariot from an early stage.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m hoping that subconciously and totally selfishly, it will nurture a love of cycling and the outdoors for the future, based on no scientific evidence whatsoever.

My 2 year old now actively requests rides in the trailer, and gets all disappointed when I won’t take him, so it must be doing something good.

molgrips
    Free Member

Red and Sammy – how old are they?

I’m planning to take our unborn out on fire-roads and the like as soon as the Mrs is up for it. Depending on how smooth the suspension turns out to be when we finally splash out on one. Considering also getting some big fat BMX tyres and converting the thing to tubeless for uber low pressure comfort.

redted
    Free Member

Ben’s now 8 months and we started using it at 5 months, but he wouldn’t have been able to use it without the dedicated sling which suspends from the internal frame. I’m also thinking of using it behind my MTB on fire roads as we’re between Dalby and Sherwood pines. We currently use it on the quiet roads around the Lincs wolds. Cars give us a surprisingly wide berth and I’ve mounted a flashing red LED on the top right hand corner of the rear of the trailer and done away with the flag. (Image is everything even to a 5 month old!)

My wife loves it, coz it slows me down and evens us up a bit and she uses it to take him to Tots on Tour in the week which is about 10 miles each way which gives her a good work out too.

Only slight niggle with it, but I’m getting used to it, is if there’s a pot hole in the road, you have to think quickly to negotiate it without veering into the middle of the road and yet still try and avoid any of your or the trailer wheels dropping into the hole.

We really did alot of research on these and the Chariot looked the best by a mile. Re-sale values are good and although the outlay was alot, it does drive you to use it more. there are loads of cool accessories that let you convert it for walking etc, but the build quality, hitch design and overall finish is very impressive.

redted
    Free Member

Some other pics of it in use:

[IMG]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/stellaboy_2007/Spainetc097.jpg[/IMG]

aracer
    Free Member

done away with the flag. (Image is everything even to a 5 month old!)

Yeah, but my flag is now a picture of a fire engine, since the original one tore off, and that beats no flag hands down!

beamers

Redted – nice colour co-ord there.

icoobaby2
    Free Member

Hello friends.I find your pics very beautiful and your conversation is also very useful for parents like me.I have Pocoo Pushchair for my baby.It has some great features and I use it by placing sheet under my baby.I feel very comfortable using it specially when I jog.If any of you guys are interested then please visit the following link.
    http://www.icoobaby.co.uk/icoo_range/pocco_country_travel_system/10001_0c.html
    🙂 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

hello friend.
    I fell you will fit in here very well.
    🙄

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Chariot Stroller – Baby Bivi Attachment’ is closed to new replies.