Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Charger really an upgrade to Lyrik RC2DH solo air with Mission Control?
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

As in the title. Rockshox may not be doing a 26 version of the new Lyriks with the Charger damper, but they are offering the Charger as an upgrade for existing 26 models.

Question is though, would the Charger really be an upgrade compared to the Mission Control damper in my Lyrik RC2DH Solo Air?

Given that the Mission Control has both HS and LS compression whereas the Charger just has LS.

I have the Charger on my Pikes on the hard tail and like them. Loved them initially, though they a little harsh on bumps now but maybe I’ve just got used to them (though probably need a lowers service at least now). They’re a bit different though to the Lyriks. The Lyriks feel very plush. The Pikes feel firmer but as soon as I hit bumps they soak it up nicely. Small bump feel in particular I found with the Pikes was good. So much that I spent a while fiddling with the Lyriks to get the same feel for small bumps. The Lyriks though feel awesome on bigger things, drops (what little I do of them) and fast blasts down rocky & rooty descents.

The Lyriks do need more work to set up and a bit of a fine balance between responsive but plush and diving too much. The Pikes is dead easy to set up, but doesn’t feel so plush. Though as I say they’re running on the hard tail so maybe I’m not feeling the best out of them.

Oh and noting the RC2DH has no floodgate compared to other Lyrik models which supposedly is a good thing.

In short though, would you think the Charger should be much better than the Mission Control, or the MC is better or just worth sticking with?

SirHC

I had a pair of Boxxer Teams with the Mission Control DH, replaced the damper with a charger unit. Ended up having more confidence in the front end, both in grip and also the forks being consistent. There was a significant difference in arm pump, last year in the alps, doing top to bottom runs of the longer tracks my arms and hands would be on fire by the lift station, this year never had arm pump (and was going a fair bit quicker this year)!

Do I miss the extra dials, not at all, the damper has been fit, set and forget.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Charger really an upgrade to Lyrik RC2DH solo air with Mission Control?’ is closed to new replies.