Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Charge Ti Duster, Snow, Yorkshire Dales, Irate Farm Operative
  • nick-no-balance
    Free Member

Have a look at my Blip Photo for today for a short account of a less than successful loop around Whernside.

I know I was technically in the wrong but I was made to feel a bit like an unwelcome southern holiday maker.

http://www.blipfoto.com/entry/2726658

I would be interested in your views.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

snowy view from what I can see!
    0.02p

wwaswas

the weather closed in

the quickest route to safety is perfectly acceptable. If rifle man couldn’t see that then he’s a fool.

I do wonder if he’d have been quite so arrogant if he was unarmed.

jordie
    Free Member

Top Tip #1
    Dont argue with people who have guns.

martinhutch

Having seen the conditions out there today, he obviously thought you were up to no good rather than pursuing a leisure activity.

Where exactly?

I think I’d have just told him that if he got out of the way, you’d be off his land more quickly.

nick-no-balance
    Free Member

I felt pretty angry about how rude he was as I rode back down the valley. For 5 minutes I felt most unsympathetic to the plight of British farmers, but I think I am okay now.

Martin, the path seemed to hit a junction. Ahead with a fence on the right you hit a section where boards covered in chicken wire were laid. Turning left ~(my route) with the fence on my right, the path descended towards the river and road.

nick1962
    Free Member

He could ,quite justifiably, have fired off a couple of rounds at you for the risers and bar ends crime.

martinhutch

Still can’t place it from your description – which viaduct (Arten Gill or the other one towards Blea Moor)?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

What were you doing up there on a day like today anyhow in such shit conditions

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Charge Ti Duster, Snow, Yorkshire Dales, Irate Farm Operative’ is closed to new replies.