Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • charge spoon vs madison flux saddles
  • rp16v
    Free Member

i am in the market for a new saddle i currently have 3 charge spoons in different flavors
    how simalar are they between the 2 models as they look prety much the same and both around the same price point

also anyone tried the madison prime?
    thanks

scotroutes

Having used both (and the Gusset R Series) I’d say they’re all pretty much identical.

binners

I’ve got both and they feel indistinguishable on my amply upholstered bum cakes

The Madison is considerably more durable though. The spoon looks tatty, whereas the Madison looks the same as when I bought it. The bike with the Madison on has been ridden a lot more, and had a lot more abuse too

benslow
    Free Member

I’d say the Madison has more padding and is better quality.

Doesn’t feel any different though when on either.

jameso

Having used both (and the Gusset R Series) I’d say they’re all pretty much identical.

They are, pretty much. Velo part number VL-1205. You can change the materials and covers etc but the base is the same.

scruff
    Free Member

I have both, my spoon has a funny finish which is grippy on your shorts. I like this.

ElShalimo

I’ve got a flux and a prime.
    I find the Flux very comfy on my HT but never quite got along with the prime on my Tricross. The longer nose is supposedly better for the road but I’m not that convinced.

weeksy

Madison hasn’t creaked…. Charge spoon I get 4-6 months bfore noise.

Trekster

binners – Member
    I’ve got both and they feel indistinguishable on my amply upholstered bum cakes

The Madison is considerably more durable though. The spoon looks tatty, whereas the Madison looks the same as when I bought it. The bike with the Madison on has been ridden a lot more, and had a lot more abuse too

This…
    Charge rails bent within 6mths…
    Still using Madison after 3yrs…

neilm
    Free Member

I have Spoons, Fluxes and Primes and I like them all.

The Flux does have a softer feel or more padding, not sure which but it is a comfy saddle.

The Spoon is the the same shape and design really, I have ridden a HONC, two Mayhems and the recent 60k MADORC all on my Roberts complete with its Spoon (saddle that is, not the cutlery) and comfort has not been an issue, although it is noticeably firmer. At least it feels that way to my delicate derrière.

The Prime is my current fave road saddle. I did a weeks riding in Scotland in June on my Rourke and Prime (shame it doesn’t have a Spoon) and had no saddle issues whatsoever. I also did a 100k sportive later in the summer, as well as all the usual day to day riding and I’m just about to put a Prime on my KTM training bike.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Flux has a bit more padding and kevlar side panels, Flux for MTB, and Spoon for road would seem appropriate.

rp16v
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback think I’ll give the flux a try then I need 2 due to new builds and will be swaping my current spoons around as well due to colour changes.

butcher

I’ve just bought a Flux, but not tried it yet. Definitely a bit chunkier than the spoon (which is what I normally ride), but looks almost identical in shape.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I’ve got a Spoon and two Fluxes, like them all, agree with others that the Flux seems to edge it with small amount more padding and some tough fabric rear edging panels. If you want a tan Flux I’ve a minty one for sale… 🙂

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Pretty much the same apart from a slight variation in the cover-we have both in stock wondered the same thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘charge spoon vs madison flux saddles’ is closed to new replies.