Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • charge spoon saddle??
  • hugh_b
    Free Member

Looking into getting something a little more comfy as my current saddle doesn't seem to suit my bum all that well! Noticed alot of people like the charge spoon saddles. I like the idea of the ti saddle however i have spent a silly amount this week on a new frame and forks so i'm thinking the cromo one will do 😆
    Is the extra £20-25 for the ti one worth it, the only difference i can see is ti rails and real leather, how's the build quality of the cromo compared to the ti?

Hugh

Northwind

Build quality seems the same… The weight's not much different either. You can get a real leather cromo Spoon but I'm not convinced it's better than the synthetic. But, I do think that the ti rails will be a bit comfier- I have a cromo Spoon and a ti Knife, and even though the Knife has much less padding it seems to have slightly more give to it.

I'd say just get the cromo Spoon tbh, it's very good and silly cheap.

nasher
    Free Member

I ride on my spoon every day and I still cant believe it was 15 quid!!!!

sockpuppet

get the cheap one and see if it suits your behind.

then buy lighter/better/blinger ones for all your other bikes/when it wears out, if it does feel good on your rear

balfa
    Free Member

You can ignore charge's weight claims for the cromo one. claimed to be under 200g. Mine was over 300g. Comfy enough for my behind mind.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

got one on my charge plug singlespeed,
    got one on my giant trance,
    got one on my marin quake.
    spot the theme?
    think it'd look silly on my bmx

Northwind

My Spoon's 265g… There's not any weight claims on the website that I can see, but most retails claim 258g, which is also the claimed figure on weightweenies.

hugh_b
    Free Member

ok thanks guy's, have ordered the cromo saddle. Didn't want to spend £45 to find it not comfortable.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘charge spoon saddle??’ is closed to new replies.