Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Charge Blender vs. Dialled Holeshot
  • chunkychew
    Free Member

I’m looking to buy a new small, steel hardtail frame and was wondering if anyone had any experience of either of theses frames?

I know the Blender is a tad slacker (68deg. HA with 100mm fork, 66deg. SA) and that the Holeshot is more traditional (69deg. HA, 73deg. SA). Am I likely to notice (and potentially dislike) the slack angled Blender?

I’m not going to use this frame for longer XC stuff, so I won’t be sat spinning in the saddle much. It’s mainly to be used for general woods hacking, a bit of dirt jumping, a bit of 4x and a bit of short course downhill.

Any advice gratefully recieved…

chunkychew
    Free Member

No takers?

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I’ve a Dialled Bikes Holeshot (long) and brought it mainly for chucking around my local wood when I’m in no rush to get anywhere, which some will no doubt think is a bit of a waste of its 4X pedigree but its good fun nonetheless.

I had a medium Dialled Bikes PA before and the Holeshot has the same completely rock solid feel of the PA but is a lot less gate-like. The flip side though is its no much fun to ride for any serious distance.

I’ve not ridden a Charge Blender other than briefly so don’t feel able to honestly comment on them.

deft
    Free Member

Bump, any further opinions on this? Just built up my PA and have some parts left over I’d like to stick on a woods/4x/street hacker for the summer

chunkychew
    Free Member

I went for the Holeshot in the end, and it’s brilliant! I wouldn’t want to put any more than 100mm forks on or it’s start to feel too slack for the riding I do. I went for the long TT version and use a 65mm stem (soon to be replaced with a 50mm).

It’s lighter than a blender and less slack so it’s more pedal friendly. Great for thrashing around in the woods, bmx/4x tracks, jumping and pumping. I’d post a pic but I don’t know how? …

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Charge Blender vs. Dialled Holeshot’ is closed to new replies.