Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Charge Blender, suitable for wood hacking and pootling?
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

Charge Blenders, how are the for putting the saddle up and pedaling about on? Terrible, not great, ok (STW uncomfortable) or just fine?

I don’t really feel the need for room to eat a six course meal, just as long as knees aren’t hitting the stem. I’m “average” height, 5ft10ish. I’m out of the saddle more than in it, but nice to have a perch when you’re a bit tired.

The suntour duro forks some of the completes came with, are they super terrible? Do they have mega firm springs in or just average stiffness ok for trail riding?

Thanks for your info.

kayak23

They are not the best for xc as they have quite a slack seat tube, but they are not the worst either. I’ve ridden mine xc a lot. When it points downhill though, they are lush.

nwill1
    Free Member

Not got a huge amount to compare it to, but I love mine, I’m all about aggressive ridding, love to be out of the seat hitting the downs. I’m 5’9 and have a Thomson 330mm post and its plenty long enough, my local blast loop is 16 – 18 miles, bit of canel, tiny amount of road and plenty of fun singletrack with Kinver freeride park in the middle to play on, the bikes perfectly suited.

I find climbing hard but I think that’s more me, my lack of fitness & technique, I used to have a giant XTC (xc bike) I was no better climbing on that, longest ride I’ve done was 35 miles, after the 20 mile mark it starts to feel a little cramped on the longer climbs but boy it rewards you going down.

The only other bike I’m tempted by (considering my style and budget) is the slackline, wondering how much different it would feel on those climbs but there is no way I’d want to loosed the descending, chuckability or agility qualities.

Link to my PB profile with pics ofv my beast:

http://will4x.pinkbike.com/

_tom_
    Free Member

Haven’t ridden one but always tempted when i see one for sale! only thing that puts me off is the slack seat angle – my fs bike has a similar angle and isnt great for climbing on as you’re hanging right over the back wheel.

will1991
    Free Member

If your riding is more gravity biased and the climbs are a means to an end then it would be spot on I reckon.

I’m a smidge taller than you with a 400mm post not quite a full extension and a 50mm stem, if I was any taller I reckon it would be too short to use for any more than 25 miles without some back discomfort. It’s not an efficient pedalling position you end up in but it isn’t terribly uncomfortable basically.

As with Will’s bike above, I can recommend Pikes as a great match, I prefer mine at about 120mm but it feels good throughout the range.

If it’s hooning about in the woods you want rather than a mountain goat it’s a good option.

Will

nwill1
    Free Member

Will1991 is spot on. I would like slightly lighter forks, 2009 426 air uturn revs look good at 750g lighter.

will1991
    Free Member

Mine when I had it in ‘DJ mode’, it’s currently geared and fully braked with more normal riding in mind and it makes a half decent DH hardtail too. U-turn forks make the most of their versitility.

nwill1
    Free Member

Yours is ti!? Envy!!

_tom_
    Free Member

oof that looks immense, got me feeling like I need one again now!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Charge Blender, suitable for wood hacking and pootling?’ is closed to new replies.