Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Chapel Gate, Roych Vehicle Ban – Is it to be enforced?
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

@dannyh – where do you live and do you have any free time?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

He seems like he will fit in 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

Do you say Strava! and the gates spring open and sigh?

Nope, I open and shut them all on my own just like you.

The only difference I guess is you don’t do Strava. 😉

dannyh
    Free Member

Unfortunately I am a ‘tourist’ when I come to the Peaks as I live in a moderately hilly corner of Leicestershire. Free time is also v limited.

Seriously, though, I appreciate any attempt that people make off of their own bat to represent mountain bikers. We are such a crap group of people (generally) when it comes to our voices being heard that any effort deserves support.

I think quite a few people also fear going ‘legit’ as it could mean greater responsibility when out riding.

One question, though – I have come across various groups who are trying to represent MTB in the Peaks and wondered where they all fit together. For example – you lot, Ride Sheffield, Ride the Peaks (I think that was their name – I filled in one of their surveys once).

banks
    Free Member

A 14 year old girl in some walking boots is more damaging to the trails than a fat bloke on orange patriot ?

richpips
    Free Member

A 14 year old girl in some walking boots is more damaging to the trails than a fat bloke on orange patriot ?

Downhill maybe. Uphill no, he’ll be walking too.

BadlyWiredDog

There’s video evidence… noisier than trail bikes as well…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb31CYGQj8k[/video]

rogerthecat
    Free Member

One question, though – I have come across various groups who are trying to represent MTB in the Peaks and wondered where they all fit together. For example – you lot, Ride Sheffield, Ride the Peaks (I think that was their name – I filled in one of their surveys once).

Ride the Peak is no more, as far as I am aware it morphed into Ride Sheffield.
    We set up because we were asked to do so by a PDNPA Councillor as there was no voice for resident MTB riders, we discussed this with RS as we wanted to look further into the Peak (south and west) as there is a lot of riding to be had in that direction. RS are heavily involved with the Eastern Moors etc.
    Also, as residents we elect the councillors at DCC so, in theory, they should at the very least listen.
    There is another group called the Hope Valley Cyclists who are keen to link up villages within the valley.
    There will, inevitable be some crossover but we are trying to keep it to a minimum.

slowoldman

So bitching and sniping aside does anyone know the answer? What is the current status of the Roych?

BadlyWiredDog

Staying on the Right Track Recreational Motor Vehicles in the Peak District National Park
    http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/vehicles
    Update – February 2014
    Roych Order
    The National Park Authority has made an order to prohibit motorised vehicles from the Roych. It comes into effect on 20 February 2014. Details of the order and the reasons for it can be found at http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/tros. It is now an offence for motorised vehicles to use the Roych unless specifically exempted.

From http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/426546/vehicles-news-1402.pdf

banks
    Free Member

Been wondering too, I swear all traffic was banned yet I still bikes & 4x4s using it.

richpips
    Free Member

Been wondering too, I swear all traffic was banned yet I still bikes & 4x4s using it.

At present all they need to do is open a gate and access is theirs. Elsewhere in the country they fortify access when there has been a change of use. Hence my original question.

I’ve just sent an email to the PDNP rights of way folk, to see what they have to say.

BadlyWiredDog

What’s the penalty for breaching a TRO – I’ve been on an extended google fest, but not found anything.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

If you see what happened to the barriers placed at the bottom of the Long Causeway then even barriers may not provide an effective deterrent.

MartynS

BadlyWiredDog – Member
    What’s the penalty for breaching a TRO – I’ve been on an extended google fest, but not found anything.

POSTED 9 MINUTES AGO #

I think it’s an endorsable offence. Just relies on the BiB being around…

Edit..
    Some info here..

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Chapel Gate, Roych Vehicle Ban – Is it to be enforced?’ is closed to new replies.