Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Channel 4 tonight, Dispatches 20.00 Yodel couriers
  • project
    Free Member

Undercover filming at Yodel Manchester,

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

Cool, might see where my wheels went

thepurist

Well they say channel 4 at 8 but it’ll actually turn up on bbc3 next Tuesday.

colp

😆 ^

mtbfix

Lol @ thepurist

chubstr
    Free Member

Purist wins the internet today

kcal

on the TV? sorry, we put it in the oven instead..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sounds dull as ****.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I actually felt sorry for the poor Yodel driver that came here a while ago. 8pm, he apologised like crazy & said he’d only started the day before with no training at all on how to work the handheld gadget he carries for people to sign on. His load was all to cock & he didn’t think he’d be with them long.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Ha, first thing shown on the show is a bike in a box 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Sounds dull as ****.

In one

binners

Wanging is a word that doesn’t get used often enough

Cougar

Some sort of sexual deviance?

binners

I’m genuinely shocked that people employed on zero hours contracts, earning minimum wage, aren’t more conscientious

konabunny
    Free Member

I am flabbergasted to learn that “self-employed” drivers paid little to do a stressful job with no safety net are not more dedicated to their craft.

stumpy01

Pretty much looks like the ParcelForce depot at Park Royal that I worked at in around 1995….
    Sling it in the lorry as quick as possible, regardless of what it is…..

I got told off for being too slow as I was placing items carefully and trying to neatly stack stuff.
    The supervisor who told me off used the wanging technique displayed by Yodel staff in the programme….

wrecker
    Free Member

That professor “expert” is annoying!

footflaps

A professor of shit couriering?

I’m genuinely shocked that people employed on zero hours contracts, earning minimum wage, aren’t more conscientious

That’s because the Nanny state provides too much of a cushion for these people, which means they don’t have to commit to a job because they can just jack it all in, sign on and collect a 5 bedroom house with 98″ Plasma TV, all paid for by hard working tax paying families. Until we completely irradiate any form of support, people won’t be fully motivated in work. Either that of bring back Slavery, I can’t recall.

maxtorque

er, how desperate must you be to take a delivery job for 60p per parcel, in your own car??

If you do the maths, surely it’s impossible to break even, let alone earn anything, even with fuel at an all time low??

footflaps

If you do the maths, surely it’s impossible to break even, let alone earn anything, even with fuel at an all time low??

If you rush round like a blue arse fly breaking every traffic rule and are lucky and get a load of deliveries close by, then you might just scrape minimum wage (on a good day).

jordie
    Free Member

“Blue arsed fly” ….. lol I havent heard that in ages. 😀

footflaps

Also, if the car is stolen and you don’t pay any tax or insurance, the business case is slightly better…..

maxtorque

With petrol at £1 a litre, and doing say 40mpg, just the fuel costs are 11.3p/mile, so if your parcels are more than 5.2miles apart, you’re losing money, and that’s assuming you aren’t paying road tax, insurance, and are driving a stolen car so it’s not depreciating.

footflaps

and are driving a stolen car so it’s not depreciating.

Good point, I forgot to factor that in. Plus if you steal the petrol, the numbers start to look much better.

skids
    Free Member

surely they pay mileage, or no one would do it? you will never even get close to 40mpg starting and stopping constantly, closer to 20 maybe

footflaps

surely they pay mileage, or no one would do it?

LOL!

Nope, not a sausage.

It’s another great example of Gideon’s new knowledge based economy, or was is a Northern Power House, I can’t recall. Anyway, it’s great, trust me it’s all a good thing. Definitely good.

konabunny
    Free Member

I see the Yodel website is offering a lot of exciting opportunities to earn £30-50 a day delivering parcels six days a week in your own taxed, insured and fuelled car in That There London (average rent: £49/day).

footflaps

I see the Yodel website is offering a lot of exciting opportunities to earn £30-50 a day delivering parcels

FIFY, it was typo in the Ad.

konabunny
    Free Member

…but obviously you can’t put a price on the “freedom” of being self-employed

pictonroad

Bloke delivered a parcel to me on Sunday in a T5 high line. I did wonder about the economics of the enterprise.

chewkw
    Free Member

Surely someone can better the logistic idea? Yes? You lot? 😛

isitafox
    Free Member

Easy way to deal with couriers, order a 24kg+ kettlebell, that soon sorts them out when they struggle to lift them out the back never mind throw them about!

wilburt
    Free Member

My mates son got a courier job for the summer, he’s 22 had a licence for a couple of years but never owned a car.

They gave him a lwb sprinter and 40 drops and told to get on with it.

piemonster

That’s because the Nanny state provides too much of a cushion for these people, which means they don’t have to commit to a job because they can just jack it all in, sign on and collect a 5 bedroom house with 98″ Plasma TV, all paid for by hard working tax paying families. Until we completely irradiate any form of support, people won’t be fully motivated in work. Either that of bring back Slavery, I can’t recall.

Sorry but this is factually incorrect.

It’s serfdom they’re trying to reintroduce. The toffs abolished slavery remember, they need to keep that for dinner party moral licensing.

konabunny
    Free Member

I am astonished that the Telegraph wasn’t interested in this story and didn’t carry it in its newspaper or on its website

outofbreath
    Free Member

Bloke delivered a parcel to me on Sunday in a T5 high line. I did wonder about the economics of the enterprise.

…and Postman Pat has a Helicopter to bomb around Greendale these days….

tillydog
    Free Member

order a 24kg+ kettlebell

Thirty metres of 8mm chain and an anchor works the same.

That got left right next to the road, slap-bang in the middle of the drive. 🙂

project
    Free Member

Loved it they hadf a so called proffesor of something discusing low wage lowcost deliveries, just what dooes he do to earn his cash , sits on his arse and talks crap

konabunny
    Free Member

…said Yodel’s Director of Public Relations.

jimjam
    Free Member

And my Yodel post van yesterday was a Fiesta packed to the roof. Makes you think.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Channel 4 tonight, Dispatches 20.00 Yodel couriers’ is closed to new replies.