Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Channel 4 now
  • MoreCashThanDash

Getting preschool kids into an old people’s home to improve their quality of life.

Pre screening interviews suggested it could be quite good.

project
    Free Member

Hope the pensioners point out due to this governments policies, youll have your pension stolen off you to pay for the poor care in some homes, your home will be sold and if youre married you may well end up in a different home to your partner.

They could also point out the NHS was once a free to all service, that they may soon loose as the children become adults.

kimbers

Will the oldies also tell em they voted Brexit just to screw em over ? 😉

MoreCashThanDash

It’s that unfettered positivity that makes this place what it is….. 🙂

project
    Free Member

as we all get older Positivety become negativitey or the truth as we more mature people learn its called.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Program was superb, can’t wait to see the next one. I’ve a feeling the people in the home are going to miss those kids something terrible.

MoreCashThanDash

Obviously staged and edited for TV, but seems to be really benefiting the old folk.

Reckon tomorrows conclusion could involve a lot of dust in the rooms either side of the screen.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

kids as therapy is just a variation of the pets as therapy theme, it clearly works

however, i reckon there is a generational thing here

my parents couldn’t care less (although she pretends) about having my kids around, and helping us as new parents out with childcare, too busy, still working, mortgage etc etc

in a couple of generations we’ve gone from family units who help out, to no help which results in the current generation feeling juxtaposed to their parents and it will come full circle i think, as there is no way ill let my kids feel as isolated as i’ve done

cyclistm
    Free Member

Okay, so edited for TV, but what a change for them all, so lovely to watch

theotherjonv

aye – taking the kids away again at the end and then leaving the oldies just sat in a circle in an ’empty’ room 🙁

Hope at least some of the kids continue to visit.

petefromearth

That place is just round the corner from us and has a pool which they use for Water Babies classes. My wife and 9mo daughter have been going every week. Wouldn’t be that hard to create a space for the parents and kids to hang out afterwards.

Up to now ironically it has been very strict in there and not particularly welcoming! I hope this experiment changes that, I’m all for it.

maccruiskeen

however, i reckon there is a generational thing here

We’re in a bit of weird transition generationally. Theres an age group who’ve left it much later to have children than then parents did and its put the generational relationships out of kilter a bit.

Not long ago most parents would become grandparents in their 40/ early 50s, just a few years after your own children (that they’d had in their early 20s, had left home) Grandparenting would be a continuation of parenting really. Now people are becoming grandparents in their 60s and 70s, twenty years after theirs own children have fledged and after 20 years of having an empty nest and filling their life with other interests and responsibilities. But those 60/70 year olds are also often caring for / caring about their 80/90 year old parents too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Channel 4 now’ is closed to new replies.