Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)
  • Channel 4 news – another soldier shooting a dog … P**s me off big time.
  • chewkw
    Free Member

This p*ss me off big time.

Ok I just watched the Channel 4 news and the lads were fighting the Taliban insurgents etc. All good and lads were doing well … then …

They entered a Afgan household compound and one of the lads got bitten by a big Afgan guard/pet dog. Yes, punctured holes and all that so big deal but get this …

Then later on one of the lads took aim with his gun and shot the dog dead!

Before the dog was shot it was already cowering at the corner knowing that it did the wrong thing but one of lad just have to shoot it.

Now, I don't mind the lads shooting the brain off the Taliban or chop them to pieces etc … I will still buy them a pint.

But get this … why shot/killed a defenseless dog because one of you got bitten by it?

For those of you who think this dog has given your position away … No. It was daylight and the Taliban already knew their position.

The dog is there to protect the owner compound and the lads have entered it. It was frighten by a group of strangers that's all.

The lad who shot the dog dead you definitely have a pea brain. With the brain size like yours no wonder the fight against the insurgents, them with primitive "technology", were long and hard.

The last time a dog was shot dead it was in Iraq when it was barking at the American army because they have entered it's compound. The worst case was that dog was chained.

Only a pea brain shoots defenseless animals. So now we have a British trooper shot a defenseless pet/guard dog … well done and all live on Channel 4 too. You were so brave …

😡

jahwomble
    Free Member

With all that's going on in Afghanistan, the worst you can find to complain about is somebody shooting a dog? ffs.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I agree. Regardless of what's going on around,there's no need for pointless violence.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chewkw
    Free Member

Yes. Why shoot a defenseless dog when you can shoot a Taliban?

😡

boxelder

Have you thought this through, your values seem a bit confused.

I don't mind the lads shooting the brain off the Taliban or chop them to pieces etc … I will still buy them a pint.

But get this … why shot/killed a defenseless dog because one of you got bitten by it?

The lad who shot the dog dead you definitely have a pea brain. With the brain size like yours no wonder the fight against the insurgents, them with primitive "technology", were long and hard.

I've never been to war, but I imagine that living with the thought that you may kill human beings might cloud your judgement when it comes to dogs.

Describe to us what you think a 'taliban' is?

atlaz
    Free Member

Worse things are happening. The only thing that shocks me was that he waited to shoot it.

jimmy

I see your point, but put yourself in the soldier's shoes. What you gonna do? Take it home and let it sleep at the end of the bed? Its so scared, probably won't see its owners again = put it out of its misery. Not that I agree with shooting dogs, likes, or the soldier even got that far in his thinking. Wouldn't surprise me if they're 'trained' to kill any such animals they come across.

m0nster2
    Free Member

An Afghan hound, yesterday.

chewkw
    Free Member

No. You do not shoot something that is defenseless especially when it is an animal like a dog.

But human animal yes when they carry AK-47.

😡

IanMunro
    Free Member

The dog isn't defenseless. If it was, then soldier wouldn't have bite marks.

sc-xc

I remember a band called the Afghan Hounds I would have happily shot. Apart from that, I'm not really sure what you're on about.

EDIT: f*ck me monster. I would have shot that long faced freak if I had a gun.

higthepig
    Free Member

Now, I don't mind the lads shooting the brain off the Taliban or chop them to pieces etc .

Because the vast majority have rabies, mange and more worms that a fishing tackle shop. Funny how some get so upset about the death of an animal, but a human life………….

coogan
    Free Member

I thought you had to put a dog down once it bit someone.

IanMunro
    Free Member

This is clearly asking for trouble though.

actiondan
    Free Member

If you have never been in theatre, then please do not post your stupid comments as you have no idea!

chewkw
    Free Member

jimmy – Member

I see your point, but put yourself in the soldier's shoes. What you gonna do?

Live with the punctured holes and get on with it. Stop shooting a defenseless animal. What a coward.

Take it home and let it sleep at the end of the bed? Its so scared, probably won't see its owners again = put it out of its misery. Not that I agree with shooting dogs, likes, or the soldier even got that far in his thinking. Wouldn't surprise me if they're 'trained' to kill any such animals they come across.

To that trooper … Just leave it alone and get on with shooting Taliban … bloody pea brain.

😡

Jamie
    Free Member

coffeeking
    Free Member

If you have never been in theatre, then please do not post your stupid comments as you have no idea!

Of course, because anyones view from outside the action zone is completely irrelevant and bound to be based on flawed logic…

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think the OP's value system is spot on.

"The more people I meet; the more I love my dog."

muggomagic

Has TJ joined up? maybe the dog was not under control and was causing annoyance/disturbance to the other people in the compound?

chewkw
    Free Member

Ian Munro – Member

The dog isn't defenseless. If it was, then soldier wouldn't have bite marks.

No. Only pea brain shoots pet. They entered it's compound what do you expect? Lick their boots?

He got bitten so get on with it … bloody coward.

jahwomble
    Free Member

"Of course, because anyones view from outside the action zone is completely irrelevant and bound to be based on flawed logic.."

yup, that's the gist of it.

colin@rush
    Free Member

I agree with the poster sure tension is high etc but there's a big difference imo of shooting a dog that's prob just scared and defending itself and shooting a person armed with the intention of taking you out

sc-xc

chewkw…are you speaking dog? I'm guessing English is a distant cousin to your first language…

chewkw
    Free Member

higthepig – Member

Because the vast majority have rabies, mange and more worms that a fishing tackle shop. Funny how some get so upset about the death of an animal, but a human life………….

FFS! So get on the heli and fly to the nearest camp hospital … but why shot it? Get on with it.

Yes, you can shoot the human with AK because they might blow your head off. Defenseless animal … what a pea brain.

mcobie
    Free Member

Chewkw – I'd invite you to go to war and not do things that might be seen as mad by those watching chanell 4 tv back home 😕

Sorry, but that op REALLY p*sses me right off – and I am a dog lover so have no agendas here.

SammySammSamm
    Free Member

Wait, this was on the news?
    What happened to the world…

chewkw
    Free Member

action dan – Member

Theatre? WTF! Everyone can shoot and everyone can kill but killing a defenseless animal is only for pea brain. You are trained to distinguish when to shoot … but a dog? You are definitely not fit to carry that gun.

I do not care if you are in theatre or war … if you are so trigger happy and cannot even distinguish a dog from a Taliban then you are better off not going. Still a pea brain.

allthepies
    Free Member

Sorry to piss on your chips Chookoo but I watched the same programme and if you actually bothered to listen properly the reporter states "one round OVER ITS HEAD and there's no more from the dog". You can see/hear all this at 10m 43s in this channel 4 news vid (you can fast forward to the time point).

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/uk/being+watched+on+the+afghan+frontline/3579862

Jamie
    Free Member

(although you can't fast forward to the time point so probably not worth waiting for).

Yeah you can. Anyways, your 100% right.

IanMunro
    Free Member

He got bitten so get on with it … bloody coward.

I suggest you contact the army directly and ask them to forward your allegation to the soldier in question, and arrange a time an place where you can assert to him directly that he's a pea brained coward.

fadda

FFS – its a dog!

I'm guessing that animal rights are some way down the list of priorities, when you might get shot any second.

Unless the OP doesn't eat meat, never wears any cosmetics (including deodorant) and never uses any leather products then maybe we can forgive the guy for making a judgement that we can sit comfortably back in our armchairs and ponder over…

[edit] just saw allthepies post…

m0nster2
    Free Member

Of course, cats are an altogether different kettle of fish.

higthepig
    Free Member

chewkw

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, going back in a few months, I know what it is like. You do not, I feel sorry that this is all you can get upset about, with what is going on in the world. Still I suppose that is what free-speech is all about, allowing those to rant from an ill-informed position………………..

chewkw
    Free Member

allthepies – Member

Sorry to piss on your chips Chookoo but I watched the same programme and if you actually bothered to listen properly the reporter states "one round OVER ITS HEAD and there's no more from the dog". You can see/hear all this at 10:43 in this channel 4 news vid (although you can't fast forward to the time point so probably not worth waiting for).

"one round OVER ITS HEAD and there's no more from the dog"

hmmm … I am not so sure … 😡

actiondan
    Free Member

Chewkw – You are pathetic, no more to be said really.

allthepies
    Free Member

>hmmm … I am not so sure …

Did you watch the video again ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

IanMunro – +1 for that comment.

Oh, and to the OP, if ranting about someone being a pea brain, perhaps you should learn some basic grammar and spelling first. 😉

*Edit – higthepig, glass raised to you and yours, fella! Take a hearty thanks from me out there with you when you're next there, spread it around!

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I don't think a soldier in Afganistan can be called a coward under any circumstances. And as the C4 link above quite clearly states "one round OVER ITS HEAD and there's no more from the dog", yes, its scared shitless, but not apparently dead yet.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Channel 4 news – another soldier shooting a dog … P**s me off big time.’ is closed to new replies.