• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Changing your username
  • MoreCashThanDash

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this – can’t see anything in the “help” areas?

A few threads have come up recently that I can’t really post on with a user name that is actually my real name, so a change of identity would be useful.

Cheers

carlphillips
    Free Member

i changed mine recently from fatmuthahubbard I asked tom the web monkey.

damo2576
    Free Member

just start a new user id?

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’m sure the mod’s would help.

wwaswas

start a new user id – anything in your posting history that might be ‘personal’ and identify you won’t be linked to your new username then.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Wait for the web site to be hacked big time and then change it when you have to reregister. Job done.

scaredypants

doesn’t everybody have several logins ?

iDave
    Free Member

just say “a friend of mine thinks…”

Bunnyhop

swadey – you can’t change your name, nooo, you’ve been on here ages and you’re one of my favourites.
    If you have to, keep the ‘swadey’ one too.

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks Bunnyhop, no idea what I’ve done to deserve it though!

OK, dumb question – how do I start a new userid – a quick attempt reveals that it links back to my existing email address and rejects, so is there a way round that other than creating new email addresses….?

Cougar

You only have one email address? Good god. Are you new to the Internet?

I don’t actively use them all, but off the top of my head I’ve got two Hotmail addresses (one ‘real’ one and one logon I created for the Xbox), a Yahoo address, an AOL address, a Gmail address, a Sky address, two O2 addresses, my work email address, and my own domain where I can create an infinite number of user accounts as required.

Drac

You can’t have multiple accounts one of them will be banned usually the new one, we tend not to change usernames but if you ask nicely and explain your reasons then we’ll see.

moderator@ and the site name

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Changing your username’ is closed to new replies.