• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by grum.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Changing headlight bulbs on a Berlingo – how hard?
  • grum
    Free Member

I read you might need to take off the bumper/grill to get at the housing etc. Never tried before – anyone done it?

Or should I just take it to a garage? I’ve downloaded the service manual from the Berlingo forum but I can’t read it properly for some reason.

It’s a 53 plate BTW.

v8ninety

Can’t be that hard. Just have a go…

grum
    Free Member

Cheers – just realised from looking at the service manual that it’s probably not just a bulb that’s gone? It looks like it’s the same bulb for dipped/full beam AFAICT.

The headlights work fine full beam but there’s nothing at all when dipped. I assumed they were different bulbs.

As you can see I’m not very knowledgable about such things but generally willing to have a go!

v8ninety

Is it an H4 bulb? Twin element bulb. One usually fails before the other, completely normal. Have a go, it’ll help if you have small hands and leathery skin, and a penchant for crypton factor style dexterity puzzles. Good luck…

geoffj

Local Halfords? They’ll fit them for a couple of quid – probably worth it to avoid the knuckle rash if you’re not sure what you’re doing.

sweepy
    Free Member

Its no bother but a bit fiddly. Dont touch the new bulb.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Almost always a fiddly and a pain to do but usually procedure is

Remove electrical plug from bulb
    some sort of clip holds the bulb in situ [ and possibly plug above]
    Remove it
    Remove the bulb
    It will havs some sort of tag so it only fits in one way – s o light points correctly
    Reinstall

Fiddly but not hard assuming you can reach easily
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hURsa46t4M[/video]

grum
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Got Halfords man to do it this time but reckon I would do it myself mext time after watching him. The passenger side one was quite fiddly due to where the fuse box/wiring is which i think is why people were talking about taking off the bumper and pulling the housing out to make more room. He managed ok without though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Changing headlight bulbs on a Berlingo – how hard?’ is closed to new replies.