Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Changing Gears to Fully enclosed
  • hrcmonty
    Free Member

Hi Guys, Ok so on my Jamis Durango, the rear cable is exposed between the two lugs on the frame.

Now what do i need to do to change it to a closed system, with full outter? Is it just a case of drill the two lugs to fit the outer, and the route it as normal? Can anyone reccomend a good Outer and what other bits do i need? I have a Ripcord so don’t need an Inner.

epicyclo

You can get clips that attach to the existing lugs and that will be you sorted without butchering your frame.

Can’t remember what they’re called, but I have used them in the past, and they were quite neat.

SJS have them

wwaswas

or get the goodridge type ones with a sleeve between the lugs so you don’t need to drill them out;

passtherizla
    Free Member

Mr Was can you post a link to the kit you used… i would like to do teh same to my Meta.

Thanks,Andy.

roady_tony
    Free Member

hmmm i’m keen to do this also on my cross bike as well as road

the SJS stuff seem just the ticket

BUT

how does one do the front der. with it going under the BB ??

hrcmonty
    Free Member

Wicked,

Cheers Guys. Hmmm the Goodridge idea looks neater, but i bet more expensive haha.

cheers Guys.

Chris

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

same as waswaswas, I’ve got a goodridge kit

wwaswas

road tony – they’re not really designed to enclose down tube road type cable. I did use it on my road bike but without the plastic sheath – it’s still fairly well sealed where the outer is though and the cable seems well coated.

passtherizla
    Free Member

thanks dude.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Changing Gears to Fully enclosed’ is closed to new replies.