Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Changing coils in pikes
  • giddyrob
    Free Member

Hey,

I have pikes, which came with the medium coil in, but am thinking of changing them to firm as it feels like the nose dives a bit too easily. I'm about 12.5 stone kitted up.

I only recently got them serviced so not really looking to pay a bike shop to do the job so would like to do it myself if it isn't too much of a nightmare.

Has anyone else had experience doing this? Is it quite easy? I literally just want to swap the coils. Will I need more oil etc….

BTW, the forks are the only think I haven't serviced myself on my bike. Don't mind getting dirty 🙂

Cheers

Rob

grumm
    Free Member

It's really easy, don't be put off by the fact that you need a hammer! Think there are instructions on TF tuned website somewhere. If you can do it with the forks horizontal then no oil should leak out and you won't have to add any.

retro83
    Free Member

protip: keep a magnet handy for when you lose the tiny ball bearings under the u-turn adjuster

giddyrob
    Free Member

ah, cool. So I just need usual tools and a hammer then 🙂

Just thought, where do I get the coils from ?

giddyrob
    Free Member

LOL retro83, I have already had experience with them when I changed the adjuster 🙂 I did swear a little till I got em out of those holes 😉

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Tf tuned for pike coils

giddyrob
    Free Member

thanks, do they usually come in a pair?

giddyrob
    Free Member

Sorry if this is stupid as I have never seen inside the forks before. Is there just one spring? The instructions on the site just shows one side being changed.

Cheers

pondering_panda
    Free Member
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

just one spring and they are very simple to change

giddyrob
    Free Member

Cheers guys 🙂 Noticed the motion control is in the other so makes sense 🙂

devs
    Free Member

Piece of cake to replace. Jensen USA worked out cheapest but you may get a firm on the classifieds. I gave up waiting for an X-Firm on there.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Changing coils in pikes’ is closed to new replies.