Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chances of cable ties and gaffer tape holding bottle cage on?
  • matthew_h
    Free Member

I’m riding D2D solo this weekend and I’m hoping to avoid having to carry a rucksack but I have no bottle cage mounts on my frame. Do you think that I might be able to make a bottle cage secure enough using a combo of cable ties and gaffer tape or will I be wasting my time?

Any other methods for bottle mounting?

Bike is a Nomad btw

Scootash
    Free Member

Works for me. Cable ties to keep it in place, gaffa tape to stop it rotating. Lasted over a year on one of my frames.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Works for me as well – inner tube around the frame to stop rotation / fretting, cable ties to hold it on.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Excellent, cheers. Looks like I’ll give it a crack then and see how I get on.

Was thinking old inner tube to allow the cage to sort of bite into then cable ties to hold it in place then maybe tape over to help hold it all in place.

nuke

Wouldn’t something like jubilee clips be a bit more solid than cable ties?

vinnyeh

same for me- cage mount’s inaccessible while riding. I’ve been using one of these Topeak mounts for a week or so now- fugly, but seems to do the trick.
    It’ll also mount on the seatpost, but I’ve got a shoulder injury so can’t reach behind me easily.
    Only worry is that I haven’t used it with bar mount light yet, just head, and it might interfere too much with the beam. Oh, and that it’s cinched up on carbon bars..

speaker2animals

Part of inner tube between frame and cage to reduce slippage and prevent frame marking. I’d consider at least one jubille clip to get some real grunt on the fixing.

thomthumb
    Free Member

decathlon sell a rubber mount which straps on.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Ooh, just found that Decathlon mount. Might be worth a shot if I can’t get a homemade one work.

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chances of cable ties and gaffer tape holding bottle cage on?’ is closed to new replies.