Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • chameleon ebb help
  • rob2
    Free Member

bought a chameleon off here – cheers guy.

What have I done wrong to the ebb?

Bottom bracket is at 12 o'clock so thought I'd rotate to 6.

Took the two small bolts out.

Took the big bolt out and Bugger me I can't get it back in…

Looks like the nut it screws into has dropped out of place.

How do I a. Get the bolt back in and b. Rotate the ebb?

Love the bike mind!

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Don't take the bolts out – only loosen them, then use a 5mm allen key in the holes to rotate the shell.

rob2
    Free Member

cheers. I've already taken the bolts out. Problem is I can't get the big one back in. Any ideas?

tails
    Free Member

HAHA! I did this. First see if the long bolt and cylinder shaped bolt will do up, if yes then slot the bolt back in its hole and push it down to the opening, you can use cotton buds to correct the position. Then it should tighten the first or second try.

If no then you have threaded the bolt like I did call Jungle and ask for a new one they sorted me for free.

In regards to the EBB lots of copperslip or grease then there are instructions here

Trailseeker
    Free Member
    rob2
    Free Member

tails, not wanting to sound like a total monger but do you just use the cotton buds to get the nut in place? Or can you take the thing apart?

baronspudulike
    Free Member

I never took the bolts out when I was adjusting the EBB so I'm not sure what you can do. But it seems that since you've taken out the bolts the wedge should come appart and allow you to remove the whole unit. Then re-align the wedge nut with the bolt and put the two parts, eccentric bb and wedge, back together. Then grease and replace in the frame.

have a look here: EBB help

Hope this helps a little and you get it back together.

rob2
    Free Member

trailseeker – cheers for the linky. Its all starting to come clear!

rob2
    Free Member

cheers guy/baronspusulike. Shall post pics when done.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Just knock it out of the non drive side and reassemble it out of the bike. Give it a grease while your at it.

drain

Good to hear it's coming together Rob. Looking forward to seeing you nail Set2Rise on it next year 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘chameleon ebb help’ is closed to new replies.