• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Challenger Disaster – 25 years ago today
  • woody2000

Still seems like yesterday! 🙁

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12306318

DickBarton

Was in Primary school and remember it…

Woody
    Free Member

That makes me feel very old 😐

woody2000

I lost my virginity the same year, and I know which was more memorable! 😕

Cougar

Seventy-three seconds and an explosion, stuff everywhere.

Challenger was a mess, too.

rkk01
    Free Member

I know, it’s not funny, but the sick joke in our school (and I’m sure others as well)…

…was

“what does NASA stand for….”

woody2000

Hehe, 7.3 seconds is more like it 🙂

crazy-legs

I was 8 at the time yet I can clearly remember watching it live on John Craven’s Newsround. Total shock.

drain

Remember seeing it on the common room TV in first year at Uni – a real shock, one of those ‘I remember where I was’ moments.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I was at work, remember hearing it on the radio 🙁

mikertroid
    Free Member

A dreadful case of a total organisational failure. Totally avoidable, very sad.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I remember it well. I must have first seen it on Newsround after school. That must have been only shortly after it happened.

mrmo
    Free Member

worst bit was finding out they may well of survived the accident and died in the crash later.

and how it seemed to be ignored.

lowey

Last recorded words of the shuttle commander

“Go on then, let her have a drive”

Murray

I was waiting for my turn flying in a Chipmunk with the air cadets. TV was on and we sat and watched it repeat and repeat. Nothing like it until 9/11.

Good stuff came out – Feynman’s contribution to the investigation [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qAi_9quzUY[/video]

The yanks (and the astronaught corp) had the guts to keep flying them. It would have been an easy politcal decision to pull the civilian flights. Military might have carried on due to cross range capabilty regardless of risk.

RIP

Drac

I was waiting for my turn flying in a Chipmunk with the air cadets. TV was on and we sat and watched it repeat and repeat. Nothing like it until 9/11

Spooky so was I.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Challenger Disaster – 25 years ago today’ is closed to new replies.