Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Challenge Pro tubeless? Will I die?
  • getoutandride
    Free Member

Is anyone running Challenge Pro (Gravel Grinder specifically) tubeless? Their website says they are not to be run tubeless.

Will it work or will I die in an explosion of expensive tyre and sealant?

Obviously just for the 40g saving and NOT because I’m a skinwall tart and want the looks (I know the black regular GG runs tubeless)… 8)

mattsccm
    Free Member

Are these the Challenge Open tubulars?
    If so, doubt it as the beads on mine look rather minimal. Would be pleased if they did as I have set of Strada Biancas that would be nice tubeless.

tang
    Free Member

There is a tubeless version of the Gravel grinder on the way. I’ve seen the prototype.

swanny853

I can’t actually comment on the pros, but if the beads are the same as the race then I have been running the strada bianca race 33 on crests and wtb kom tubeless up to about 50psi. I haven’t died yet. Although the last time it took a really, really, oddly long time to hold air properly for no apparent reason.

getoutandride
    Free Member

Swanny its the ‘handmade – Pro’ versions of the tyres I am looking at, the Strada’s you have do not have a yellow warning – NOT TO BE USED TUBELESS next to them on the website. Better listen to that and wait for the prototype to become a reality. Thanks Tang!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Challenge Pro tubeless? Will I die?’ is closed to new replies.