Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • **CHALLENGE** Bike parts required with a £100 Budget
  • jim_1980
    Free Member

All

I currently have a focus frame with a set of Tora Forks a built in headset a front mech and pedals, i want to build this bike up for my girlfriend but i dont want to spend more than £100 on the other parts.

Your challange should you choose to accept it is to let me know if you have the rest of the parts i need to get it up and running and for it all to come in under or on £100?
    The only thing that bike needs to have is a front disc brake(cable is fine)as the fork is not v brake compatible.

Please post what you have and how much and lets see if we can make this happen.

Thanks in anticipation.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Go singlespeed. That'll make it dirt cheap!

Lummox

cable disc caliper (front or rear) and levers (both) – £10
    deore lx octalink cranks silvery blue ones – £8
    Octalink BB 73mm shell, lots of lengths – £5

Can work out a postage price depending on what or if you want any of the above

tinsy
    Free Member

question is Jim, what you bought yourself?

soobalias
    Free Member

post it as a WTD in the Classiflids.

specific list of parts and sizes will speed the process.

jim_1980
    Free Member

tinsy im in negotiations to get myself a pipedream sirius frame but will have to take pretty much everything off my current bike for the new one.

soobalais i dont really have a specific list of parts (make wise) i want as long as they are not rubbish and fall apart after 1 ride (which for less than £100 for the whole lot i dont know if ill get much)and work with each other.
    The frame is in good nick i dont want it sitting there doing nothing and i have been after a bike for my GF for a while just a cheap run about for sunday afternoons so thought instead of spending £100+ on somethign new or second hand from ebay/bike shops why dont i just build up my current one on a budget.

The main word here is budget, she didnt like my original plan of spending upto £250 on a bike for her which i can understand as it wont be used week in week out and said she was happy with some old jalopy for £20 scrap second hand but i couldnt bring myself to get her that so we have reached a comprimise on price. Hence the £100!
    I have posted a WTD ad in the classifieds as well.

tinsy
    Free Member

Its a flippin tight budget Jim!!

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Jim,
    I did this recently for my stepfather and got many great responses. I was kindly donated a frame and i already had a few things like wheels and saddle myself but most of the rest was sourced within a month. If you put up your location you might get a better response, often people will donate if they don't have to post and you can collect.
    If you trawl the classifieds every day for a few weeks i think you will manage it. I ended up spending £120 in total. The hardest things to find will be high wear or easily broken parts such as chain, cassette, wheels etc, at that budget you probably can't buy new.
    Good luck and have fun!

jim_1980
    Free Member

To all those that read this and are able to help me out i am based in Essex.

jim_1980
    Free Member

Thanks for the post V8_shin_print see my post below yours.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘**CHALLENGE** Bike parts required with a £100 Budget’ is closed to new replies.