Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Chainring bolts for 30T ring and 104 BCD SLX cranks
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

Where’s the best place to get these from please? Seeing some on Wolftooth components. I think I need a 10mm bolt, but if you know a UK supplier then that would be great!

Thanks in advance.

mrblobby
    Free Member

CRC?

benpinnick

30T will just need half a normal bolt I believe (if its the screw in type)

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Hi Ben, you’d not happen to know the length of a normal bolt by any chance? I could maybe have a go at filing one down if I had to.

Cheers for the chaino link, the problem I have is described here:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0230/9291/files/XT_m785_and_SLX_m665_Double_Compatibility_v4.pdf?1310

benpinnick

No sure, but I dont think it will matter. 8/10/12 all should work the 30T rings are threaded all the way through. I can check what RF use tomorrow if you like.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Had a similar problem when I stuck a wolf tooth on SLX. Had to change the nuts to shallower ones (I think 5mm). The bolts themselves were fine. Was just what i could find in my parts bin. Didn’t have the fouling problem though as it was 34t.

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

As per Ben the bolt will go the full way through the thread on the 30t rings. I have spaced my 30t inwards 3mm for a better chain line using a dpacer and used the Raceface poly bash bolt kit which is plenty long enough.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Chainring bolts for 30T ring and 104 BCD SLX cranks’ is closed to new replies.