Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Chainreactioncycles experience
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

Where one party to a contract does not live up to their contractual obligations, and the other suffers loss on the back of that, then they should compensate them accordingly. It’s not quite as simple as that in the present instance as there will be clauses in their Terms and Conditions that absolve them from liability in the even of their making a mistake. That said, I still think that the principle holds true, and that they should attempt to put me back in the situation I would have otherwise have been in. To make my situation right, I’ll need to order a pair of the shorts from another company and pay for Next Day delivery. Therefore, they should pay me whatever the difference is. They won’t do that, I know.

POSTED 5 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Jesus Christ buddy, they screwed up on sending some bloody shorts. It’s hardly life or death. It’s annoyingly not but genuinely believing that they should give you some cash to cover ordering from elsewhere… 🙄

mikey3
    Free Member

My thoughts are with the O.P at this difficult time.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

The thing I have found in recent months is to order Mid week not Sunday and it comes quicker most things I have ordered Sunday came the earliest Friday yet ordered Tuesday had it came by Thursday and this has happened a lot strange I expect they just have to many orders over the weekend to get through.

damascus
    Free Member

I’m guessing someone ordered after you but paid the extra couple of quid for priority post and they sent your shorts to them whilst your 2nd class order lingered for a day or two.

parkesie
    Free Member

Not used since there payment system went tits up and let some one use my card details and many others to buy stuff. Got a refund and bank squared away the fraud but never been back.

funkrodent

Bought some wheels off them a couple of months ago. Order confirmed, but no despatch email. Waited couple of days, called and spoke to very nice lady in Northern Ireland. I’d paid for priority despatch. Issue with orders moving through the warehouse she says, I’ll expedite it today. Heard nothing. Call back two days later and promised will be despatched next day. No despatch email next day and when call again they cancel order and offer me a £5 voucher. If you dig out threads from 2-3 months ago you’ll see I’m far from the only one recently. A year ago (not 10 like mentioned above) they were good. Quick despatch, on the ball. Reality is they are no longer the same business. Now owned by Wiggle who I’ve always avoided like the plague, and that was before Wiggle were bought by Venture Capitalists who are all about slashing overheads and driving profit. Nothing wrong with that per se (every business has to make money) but the reality is that they will be sweating the brand and its reach/reputation so they can flog it in a few years time, without caring in the slightest about the customer. The Northern Irish based bike shop that built an online brand through customer service and savvy business acumen has gone and will never return.
    As an aside i use Merlin loads. Whilst they seem to have less stock/options than Chain Reaction it’s amazing how much CR stuff turns out to be out of stock. Just sayin..

nickdavies

Does it really warrant another crc whinge thread?

They’re a bit slow on free delivery, pay for the priority and it’s there in a couple of days.

Tbh I tend to buy off the germans now if I can put a bit together, seems to be a bit quicker and cheaper. If I need something next day amazon is my first port of call. I’m not sure why they got so into bike parts but they’re pretty good at it, prime delivery for collection which always wins for me, delivery is a pain in the ass.

coomber
    Free Member

Agree on Merlin being greag but also post above.

Always going to be issues in the merger. Sure it will sort itself out. Dropping customer service standards will do it no good at all so can’t see it being a long term issue. The venture capitalists will want to maximise gains so will be pushing for everything to be as good as it can be.

Recent orders been despatched super quick. Still think free postage, however slow, at 9 pounds of orders is ridiculously cheap

dmorts

CRC combined with CollectPlus, brilliant. I have had occasional issues but they’ve all been resolved satisfactorily. Recently returned a new dropper post I’d had, unused, for many months with no problems

theboatman
    Free Member

I’ve had one order that was shipped in two parts, and took about 15 days to arrive despite showing as dispatched. This was the time everyone seemed to be having a few problems. Since then and in my hundreds of previous orders I have had with them, they have been grand. I can see why the op would be a bit knobbed off about the shorts, but I think by the end of the first post they had banged on a bit. I can only hope he is able to move on from his trauma, and treats himself to some new shorts.

jlln
    Free Member

I posted a thread here about crc a few weeks ago – most of the responses were average to good, but a few were absolutely dire (learning a new expression “being crc’d” was memorable). My own experiences of crc was flaky at best (delays, etc), but after my most recent experience which prompted my thread left me resolving never to use crc or wiggle again – just don’t need the hassles, delays, excuses.
    I won’t be using them again.

andyrm
    Free Member

As of a couple of years ago, CRC were shipping 175k orders a MONTH. Statistically, there will always be done error on that kind of volume. The article below refers to a 0.2% error rate which is bloody impressive.

On Location | Following An Order Through Chain Reaction Cycles

So for the OP, your issue was mildly inconvenient but statistically invalid. It’s just one of those things, and not worthy of any further thought or emotional investment.

alpin
    Free Member

I returned something back in September and last week I received an email saying the order has been processed… Bit of a delay there.

Could have ordered from them yesterday, but need the parts before 25th. Ended up paying 16€ now elsewhere for peace of mind…

ivantate
    Free Member

Had no problems last month with an odd assortment of stuff mailed to the US.

Will always check what the have. I assumed they had a US warehouse but it came from the UK.

The whole wiggle thing had passed me by.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Chainreactioncycles experience’ is closed to new replies.