Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Chainlube or lack of causes clicks?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Would a lack of chainlube cause the chain/drivetrain to click? You know the annoying click per revolution etc? Suddenly acquired this today not had it constant ever before? But I didn’t put any lube on chain after washing bike etc last week?

steve_b77
    Free Member

More likely to be a bearing somewhere in your drive train that’s wearing out.

No lube just makes for a bit if a loud chain

mangatank
    Free Member

Check your seat-post too. Mad as it sounds it can click on each crank turn if not tight enough or contaminated with water. Remove, clean, re-fit and see if that sorts it.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Done that bud too, infact did it mid ride today 😉

I often clean my seat post/collar as I’ve had creaks from that before too

dobo
    Free Member

its possible i guess, you might have a stiff link that clicks down each revolution. lube it up..

but its probably something else, maybe loose chain ring bolts

could be anything

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I know, it’s a pain in the ass

I’m back to square one, with the noise even worse than when I initially fixed it! Great!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Initially just a sort of weird click type noise climbing out the saddle on steep sections, did a few things t’other day and silence Thursday night, then I washed and cleaned it roll on today and its now clicking pretty much every slight incline road or off road 🙁

I hate bikes

plop_pants
    Free Member

Loosen your quick releases and squirt a bit of gt85 on them. Do them back up and see if that helps. They often cause clicking noises on my road bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chainlube or lack of causes clicks?’ is closed to new replies.