Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Chainline issue (Kona Process 153), any ideas?
  • sambob
    Free Member

Struggling with chainline on my new build, I’ll be getting some new cranks soon (currently borrowing some first generation SLX 3x cranks 1×11) so want to make sure I buy the right ones. Currently, the chainring is too close to the small (higher geared) side of the cassette, meaning the chainline is pretty extreme in the lowest gears. I’ve got the chainring mounted where the middle chainring would be, and the only remedy I can see with these cranks would be to use some washers to space the crank out slightly? 142×12 rear end if it’s of any significance.

I’m assuming that 1x specific cranks like Zee or would solve this issue?

Cheers for any help, thought I was pretty knowledgeable on bike compatibility but this has me stumped

kimbers

im running 2x slx on my 153 and theres no probs with 10 speed

sambob
    Free Member

Apologies, didn’t make it clear that I’m using 1×11. post edited to clarify!

andyl
    Free Member

You could space the ring inwards.Not sure if that is what you meant?

Do you have a spacer on the drive side of your bottom bracket if screw in type? If so you could move it to the non-drive side.

Are you sure the cranks are fully pushed into the BB?

Single ring cranks should be the same as middle on a triple. Are you using a shimano or sram cassette?

sambob
    Free Member

Pretty sure cranks are fully pushed in, used a mallet to make sure! No spacers as it’s a pressfit BB. Sram GX cassette

chakaping
    Free Member

When I had a 153 I used an SLX chainset with a 30t ring – which had built in spacers to take it inboard a bit.

andyl
    Free Member

odd. Definitely not the 2×9 SLX with the steel pedal inserts? They look just like the 3×9 ones as they came with a bash guard but the spider position might be different.

sambob
    Free Member

Definitely 3×10. Cheers Chakaping, assumed that might be the case! Any idea if it’s a Process specific issue?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chainline issue (Kona Process 153), any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.