Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • chainline help please
  • wicki
    Free Member

Hi

Trying to build a parts bin special I have a 68mm BB a shimano Deore mtb crankset Shimano Claris 8 speed brifters Shimano Sora front der all triple.

I cant get it to shift well and have chain rub does any one know if this combo will work and what spacers to put where on the BB ?

irc

I’ll guess the MTB crankset is too far out from the center line of the bike. MTB chainline is wider than the road chainline the Sora front der is meant to work with.

Assuming your BB is Hollowtech2 – it has two 2.5mm spacers normally fitted one each side of a 68mm BB. If you fit both of them to the non drive side this shifts the chainline 2.5mm left, closer to the road chainline and may help.

Obviously still needs the front limit stops set correctly and cable adjusted etc.

irc

Assuming your BB is Hollowtech2 – it has two 2.5mm spacers normally fitted one each side of a 68mm BB.

Doh! Not two spacers. For a 68mm BB – 3 spacers. 2 on drive side and 1 non drive. So to move chainset 2.5mm left you can fit 2 on non drive and 1 on driveside.

wicki
    Free Member

Thanks I have tried all configurations with no real joy I think maybe the mech is not suitable for 44 tooth cog .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘chainline help please’ is closed to new replies.