Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Chainkeeper for Middleburn 1×9 set up
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

Just fitted Middleburn cranks and Uno chainring to my Decade Versa 1×9 build. Any suggestions for a chainkeeper. I have DMR cage thing which looks f### horrible as well as beeing very badly made.

Andy-R
    Nipper99
    Free Member

Seem to be unavailable in the UK. Freshstipe appear to be the only source and they are out of stock.

StuE
    Free Member
    luked2
    Free Member

Don't know about the Uno, but I've had no chain drop problems with a 1×9 using a Surly 36t chainring (11-32 cassette). Nothing holds it in place other than the tall teeth and a medium-cage derailleur. Might depend on how bumpy things get. Obviously this is on a hardtail.

DaveE

Have been using this for set up for a while.
    Works great even with standard chain rings.
    Also run short cage rear mech with chain tighter than normal.

letmetalktomark

Do not go with a MRP 1x.

Trouble from the start 😡

So much so I have gone back to a 2×9 set up 😳

poppa
    Free Member

Got an MRP 1.X and it works fine (for me).

Looks like you don't have it low enough in the pic above btw.

letmetalktomark

poppa – Member

Got an MRP 1.X and it works fine (for me).

Looks like you don't have it low enough in the pic above btw.

It won't go any lower as it fouls the spider and the back of the crank arm 😡

poppa
    Free Member

Oh ok! I think the E13 one is pretty similar in operation too.

richmtb

I run 1×9 on my commuter, after experimenting with no chain guide (chain came off!) I just use my old deore front mech as a chain guide, replaced one of the limit screws with a slightly longer M4 screw and wound it down until the cage sits perfectly over the chahin ring. No need for a front shifter or cable

collie
    Free Member

N Gear Jump stop works fine for me.
    http://www.gvtc.com/~ngear/whatis.html

DT78
    Free Member

Commuter is happy as 1×9 without a guide. Using a mrp 1x on my mmmbop, it seems to very occasionally (once a ride) pop the chain off & jam in the cage if I backpedal, I probably haven't got it setup quite right. A friend has one on his uzzi and used it in morzine and didn't drop the chain once.

Nipper99
    Free Member

ta for the above. The Paul chainkeeper looks the way to go if I can find one.

william
    Free Member

N-gear jump stop and bash guard does the job for me.

travellingman
    Free Member

Rohloff make a nice one but agree, Paul Components looks good. Why not order direct from the States? You'll probably get away with not paying duty.
    Aspire Velotech offer to repay some of the cost if you do.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Chainkeeper for Middleburn 1×9 set up’ is closed to new replies.