Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Chain Tensioner
  • lucien

Any recommendations on a sprung chain tensioner that can be used with an Alfine hub? Needs to screw into the hole that the rear mech uses; I’ve been looking on the interweb without much sucess. 😯

epicyclo

It will a whole lot less faff if you get an external EBB like the Forward Components one

chewkw
    Free Member

epicyclo – Member

It will a whole lot less faff if you get an external EBB like the Forward Components one

That’s exactly what want so how much are they in UK?

🙂

HTTP404
    Free Member

Forward components or Excentriker if you have money burning a hole in your wallet. Otherwise, a singleator style one off ebay for a tenner will do the same job for a lot less money.
    Ebay

chewkw
    Free Member

HTTP404 – Member

Forward components or Excentriker if you have money burning a hole in your wallet. Otherwise, a singleator style one off ebay for a tenner will do the same job for a lot less money.
    Ebay

I do have chain tensioner but for whatever reason I keep getting some “clang” sound from time to time when I am pedalling on my single speed.

Front chain ring 32t, rear 18t with Sram PC69 chain and a Surly chain tensioner. I wonder if I need a half link chain (only one not the entire chain) to get rid of the “clang” sound.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Not sure what that could be. If you have a chain tensioner – a half link won’t benefit you much. You might get a better chain wrap around the rear sprocket but other than that not much else.
    PC69 is a nine speed chain. So will have narrow links. If you are running an unramped single speed specific front ring with a BMX stylee rear – this chain is probably not suitable. You should just buy a single specific chain. They’re also much cheaper than a PC69.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I have a DMR tensionseeker II. The design works well enough, except the fasteners that allow you to set the right tension are made of cheese-like alloy and fiddly to setup. The Surly eqv. might be better.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chain Tensioner’ is closed to new replies.