Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Chain rings
  • chameleon78
    Free Member

I have just replaced the middle ring on my XT M760 cranks (Hollowtech 2)with a shimano ring and noticed that the outer and inner could do with swapping too. However i can only find the outer ring at £64.00 are there any other options?
    Do you normally stick with Shimano rings or go for something like middleburn? (not looked how middleburn compare on ring cost)

PTR
    Free Member

I always use Middleburn, slickshift hardcoat, apparently they don't shift as well as Shimano, but they seem OK to me, and most importantly they last for ages.

All-On-Black
    Free Member

For what it costs to replace the rings you may as well just sell the whole chainset and buy a new one.. you can sell you chainset on ebay and get about £50 at least for it, making the new one about £75.

Cheaper than new rings, gets you a new bottom bracket, and is a new bit of kit!

chameleon78
    Free Member

I agree for the cost of new rings you can get a new crankset.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Just put a wanted advert on the classifieds- people buy chainsets for singlespeed/dh use.

Macavity
    Free Member

Highpath

DaveGr
    Free Member

Recently bought a new XT chainset from merlin in sale @ £125 and sold an older set of XT cranks (no rings/BB) on Ebay for £32 after fees. I've also found the latest XT to be better shifting and lasting than Middleburn.

showerman
    Free Member

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/index.php?cPath=41&osCsid=467ce2ec4c561c88695f3a606b6a8166

funny how they look like xt rings as well only gold left now

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chain rings’ is closed to new replies.