chain guides

Home Forum Bike Forum chain guides

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • chain guides
  • Stevelol

You unscrew the threaded BB cup and sandwich it between the inner side of the cup and the BB shell.

I run an MP3 AMG and like it, it hasn’t moved after a few rock strikes.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

if it’s a External BB with a spacer behind it then you get a back plate that sits behind the BB.
    There are also top mount guides that mount the same way as front mechs.

Mackem

Have you got a Narrow/Wide chainring? And a clutch mech?

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

The Superstar one is cheap because it’s bloody useless.

giant29er

Hi all

Need to fit a chain guide but have no ISCG lugs on my frame. I have a standard cup sealed BB. Cant seem to see how they fit as between my SRAM crank and the B/B there is nothing to secure it. was looking at a cheap one like the Superstar £16.99. I am riding 1 x 10 with a 42T on the rear. Rode yesterday for the first time without a front mech on. Chain came off 3 times when getting speed up on rough ground. I suppose i could put the front mech back on. Any ideas, info, advice.

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

I used a Superstar Plasma guide on my hardtail for ages, and before that on my Giant Reign, using the bottom bracket mount.
    No problems at all, never dropped a chain.

goldenwonder

narrow/wide chainring, clutch mech & if you’re still having problems a clamp on top guide.
    We’ve got loads of people racing GE with that set up & not having any problems.

giant29er

Thanks for the responses. I have a SRAM X9 rear mech with clutch and I am just using the middle ring of the original triple ring SRAM S1000 22/33/44 crank

Mackem

Get a narrow-wide chain-ring. Havent dropped a chain in a year.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘chain guides’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top