Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chain device mounting bolts
  • wattsymtb
    Free Member

I am missing the bolts for mounting my chain device. It is ISCG old on a 2011 Alpine 160 (although I can’t imagine the bike makes any difference).

Can anyone tell me what bolts I need? I think they are tapered M5. Do they need to be any special ones with low profile heads or anything?

I have done a search on here, on google, and have looked at several chain device manufacturer’s websites and have found nothing.

Thanks

Wattsy

Rickos
    Free Member

What device is it? And is it double or single? Some take a tapered screw and others a flat headed.

wattsymtb
    Free Member

It’s a single. Blackspire DS1.

Speeder

Pretty sure they’re standard c’sink screws – I’ve got loads spare. What length do you need and where are you?

Rickos
    Free Member

Most are countersunk. Have a look at the guide and see if the hole has been countersunk. My Gamut is flat so I needed flat headed screws which were a bu&&er to find in the right flatness – they needed to miss the granny ring too, see.

wattsymtb
    Free Member

I am almost certain they are not countersunk but I will have to double check that when I get home.

I remember fitting my other Blackspire chain device to my old Nicolai required grinding down the tabs on the cranks because they would not rotate, as they fouled on the bolt heads.

I think this device is simply a hard plastic version of that device without a bash ring.

I will check when I’m back.

wattsymtb
    Free Member

Is M5 the standard thread for ISCG though?

bluebird
    Free Member

I thought it was M6 x 12, countersunk hex? (They are on my ISCG 05 stinger)

wattsymtb
    Free Member

They are M6 but not countersunk. I guess I need to try to get some M6 pan head screws with as low profile heads as possible.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chain device mounting bolts’ is closed to new replies.