Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Chain Device help
  • gixer-chris
    Free Member

Hi all

I’ve just bought a 2007 Specialized Enduro S-Works frame and a Superstar Components ISCG/BB mount double chain device, however when fitted this touches the chain stay.

Also the chain doesnt sit properly in the roller as it seems to far across – I dont want to cut it and bend it to fit – I’d rather have a chain device that fits properly, so I’m going to send it back.

Does anyone have any experience of this frame and chain device combo? Or know of a chain device that will definitely fit?

Thanks,

Chris

mikey74
    Free Member

Try rotating it anti-clockwise more. Which part of it is touching the chainstay?

gixer-chris
    Free Member

Its already rotated as far as it’ll go 🙁

It’s this one http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=336

The bit that touches is behind the roller where it lips up? But like I say I dont really want to cut it

steel4real
    Free Member

As above roate ACW.

I have an SX trail 2007 – when running double & bash used a Blackspire stinger – no problems with fit and it looks the same as the superstar device.

The stinger was the OE fit by Specialized at the time.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

ISCG or BB mount?

steel4real
    Free Member

Ah stuff what I said – the frame is different. Looks like you have a BB mount so rotation is unlimited ?

gixer-chris
    Free Member

steel4real – my frame is this one? http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=22224&menuItemId=0&gold_ses=

Same as yours or not?

steel4real
    Free Member

Yes – that is the same as mine !

When I put 2007 S works enduro into Google I got the one with twin crown forks ?

Any road, in the picture of the link you gave, you can see the chain device. I’m sure the OE was a Blackspire Stinger, that’s what I used and it mounted fine on the ISCG mounts in the right position without being rotated all the way one way. It was spaced out with one M6 washer.

If you’re wondering how I’m so sure, it’s because I’ve just taken it off to go single ring & chain device.

Tim
    Free Member

I had to dremel my SS single chainring one to get it to fit a hardtail. there is a hell of a lot of excess metal in it.

If you rotate it too much it just wont work and rub like hell

gixer-chris
    Free Member

steel4real – Yeah not sure what’s going on with that – must be different types of s-works?

Anyhoo – does that mean you’re selling your chain device…?

gixer-chris
    Free Member

Tim – yeah we rotated it and it jammed the chain. Like I say it also missed the roller by miles so I dont want to have to cut drremmel or bend it if i can get a one that fits properly 🙂

steel4real
    Free Member

Don’t mind you asking – but no, I’m undecided if I’ll stick to single ring.

CRC have them:-

Stinger

Also available in a range of colours.

(Mistaken Enduro !)

gixer-chris
    Free Member

Cool – well thanks for your help!

steel4real
    Free Member

If you enlarge the pictures on here you can see the device – should also be in the spec with chainset spec ?

Enduro SX trail 2007

Enduro pro

gixer-chris
    Free Member

Ah so it is – blackspire stinger! Thanks again 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Chain Device help’ is closed to new replies.