Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Chain device for a Blur LTC
  • glynP
    Free Member

Does anyone know what chaindevice is suitable for a Blur LTC, could not get the superstar plasma to fit because of the bulky BBarea, also whats the difference between ISCG and ISCG 05

neil853
    Free Member

I’ve thought about putting a dual and bash on mine but the lower pivot is very low and i think would hit anything before the bash ring, making it a risky buisness…..

mrbump
    Free Member

ISCG 05 is the new standard on bike made 05 or after.
    are you using a single ring front setup?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

ISCG 05 is the new standard on bike made 05 or after.
    are you using a single ring front setup?

Eh? There isnt a “standard” on bikes, they are either ISCG or ISCG05, regardless of the fact they are made after 2005.

Theres a diagram on the e13 site that shows the difference between the two, they have different bolt hole pattern.

glynP
    Free Member

Yes it is a single ring

pedalhead
    Free Member

check out the mtbr santa cruz forum, there’s some discussion over there about chain tensioners on the LTc. In a nutshell, it’s a pain in the rs, but do-able with the correct chain device and a hacksaw.

neil853
    Free Member

Just looking for said thread on chain device’s, can’t seem to see one? 🙄

glynP
    Free Member

ok will have a look

neil853
    Free Member

Sounds really chewy 🙄

To be honest i’m more concerned about protecting the lower pivot form getting damaged by the chain/rocks…. Any ideas?

pedalhead
    Free Member

oh there are a load of threads about that too :-). Personally I just use copter tape & replace when required, but those crazy Americans have all sorts of things going on.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

MRP are supposed to have worked with Intense who have the same issues with a protruding lower link and the G2/Mini is what they recommend.

I’m running a modded Blackspire Stinger on my Uzzi with an MRP LRP roller as a cheap and cheerfull dual ring effort. Use a single ring specific roller and that might be an easyish answer.

The problem I find is that you have to set the boomerang so low to clear the driveside chainstay that it protrudes below the bash, and as such gets absolutely mashed on a regular basis.

glynP
    Free Member

It looks like the MRP lopes sl might be the best but why is it sooooo expensive?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Chain device for a Blur LTC’ is closed to new replies.