Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Chain degreaser or Muc-off
  • lagerfanny
    Free Member

I have been buying a litre of Shimano degreaser for around a tenner from my LBS but recently they were out of stock but had 1/2 litre of some Park Tools stuff for the same price which I politely declinded 😕
    Has anyone just used neat Muc-off in their chain cleaner with good results instead ?

dustytrails

Seems to work but not like "proper" chain cleaner. Is fine if you use regularly & chain not too shit-up! Try it & decide for yourself!!

Reluctant
    Free Member

Half inch of MucOff or Shitshifter in a chain cleaner is all i ever use. flush it out well and re-lube. Works just fine for me.

mtb_matt
    Free Member

I use Cillit Bang with a brush followed by a dip in citrus degreaser. Seems to shift most stuff.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I let it dry and use a stiff brush have done for years I re lube every so often and degrease once in a blue moon.

No problems.

bland

two nail brushes, fairy liquid (not the cheap stuff)from next to the sink, coat chain in said fairy, hold nail brushes together (cut the middle bristles down) and spin pedals backwards, works a treat and has done since back in the day when none of this new fangled muck off came about.

Oh and another tip, all mucoff is, is traffic film remover, diluted with jazzy colourant added and clever marketing.

See here Save a bloody fortune

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Chain degreaser or Muc-off’ is closed to new replies.