Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Chad Kagy
  • ianv
    Free Member

6 days on a mountain bike and he beats a pretty impressive field at the Teva games. Amazing.

5-Kurt Sorge
    4-Cam Zink
    3-Sam Pilgrim
    2-Mike Montgomery
    1-Chad Kagy

mikey74
    Free Member

I wouldn’t read too much into the fact that he’s only been riding for 6 days: that event was effectively a bmx style event anyway. I’d be more impressed if he went and won the Rampage after only having spent 6 days on a mtb.

ianv
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWxTc_glDUo[/video]

I cant imagine the rampage would phase him too much once he gets used to the gritty landings.

mikey74
    Free Member

It’s not the landings in the Rampage, it’s the steep, loose, uneven lines that are the problem, and something that bmxers never have to deal with. The landings at the rampage tend to be quite well groomed.

Having said that, it’s all bike riding.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Never really seen the point in mtb jump competitions when the bmxers are so far ahead in terms of tricks and style.

The mtb comps should all head in the same sort of direction as the redbull rampage where you need skill and technique to even ride the jumps and drops, let alone perform tricks over them.

Saying that, most bmxers tend to do huge drops on their bikes with little wheels and rigid forks, so give them something with big wheels and lots of travel and they’d still piss it.

kudos100
    Free Member

Never really seen the point in mtb jump competitions when the bmxers are so far ahead in terms of tricks and style.

Bmx dirt jump contests are a bit dull IMO. I’d rather see a huge 360 table than a double back flip, tail whip, x-up, no footer to barspin……

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Chad Kagy’ is closed to new replies.