Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • certain kinds of drug use……..acceptable??
  • ton

swa a couple of lads glue sniffing today (i thought it stopped in the 80's)
    i was a bit shocked to be honest.
    most people have done some kind of recreational drug taking in some form or other.

but glue sniffing seems nasty to me??

zaskar
    Free Member

Sure it wasn't Vicks Nose clearing stuff?

(Any fumes can be harmful but you have to think psychologically they are either very dumb or trying to escape from reality as their lives are so bad for some reason).

MrNutt
    Free Member

donks
    Free Member

Must be something to do with the tories back in power!! Used to get chased on my BMX by snu gliffing skin heads in the 80's… glue is probably harder to obtain than most drugs for teenagers these days as well.

yunki
    Free Member

what tyres for evading glue sniffing skinheads?

and I'm a bit mystified as to why you think poppers is ok and glue is not ton?

they are both minging, terrible brain cell damaging solvents.. both very good for the soul too I may add although lighter gas was always my favourite due to the intense hallucinations.. til a kid we knew died from inhaling fire extinguisher repellant! I kid you not..

I'm not sure if we had bad lives or were any less intelligent than other kids.. we were just a bit more adventurous in our group I think..

GW
    Free Member

Ton – you might actually like Glue, it's pretty much like poppers and thunderbird combined with a little halucenogen but only lasts minutes rather than hours.. 'tis very moreish for that reason. 😉

GW
    Free Member

Tioga comp 3s of course

donks
    Free Member

[/quote]what tyres for evading glue sniffing skinheads?

The ones on my night burner did the trick…

GW
    Free Member

🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Acceptable drug use? When the middle classes do it.

maxray
    Free Member

Thought you were suggesting ton might like poppers for its muscle relaxing qualities that gay men like it for 😉

GW
    Free Member

entirely upto him what he uses them for

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I say legalise all drugs and sell them at the market rate – probably similar to that of coffee.

I understand glue can actually be fatal on first use for some 🙁

GW
    Free Member

so can most things (for some)

Northwind

Glue sniffing is just a rubbish way of getting high… High risk, low reward, bad comedown. I remember when I was at school, the hard kids were always sniffing glue out of bags and making out they were high beyond belief. PVA and cow gum mostly.

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Ketamine DH will sort the men from the boys. 😉

In no way do i recommend this by the way.

allthepies
    Free Member

equine tranquillisers or bust.

yossarian
    Free Member

i've always thought that banning the ingestion of naurally occuring mushrooms in the british isles was crazy.

plus they are bloody great fun 😀

Tomahawk
    Free Member

My official stance is that in allowing certain recreational drugs to be 'accepted' it has only made the next step in experimentation that little bit closer. This can be a step too far for many, especially easily influenced, youngsters with time and money to burn. Pun not intended.

The cost and availability of drugs now is very worrying. There are substances that can be bought now that are on a different level in terms of 'actual' experience but thankfully they are pricey and therefore out of reach for the vast majority. I believe it is about education and not trying to drive home that drugs are bad (O.K?), give people the facts and then let them make their own decision. At the end of the day people will do what they want to regardless of what is told to them, as long as they are well informed then there can be no excuses when you find out they have a 'problem' directly linked to all the 'out of body' good times.
    😐

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Mushrooms are a bit of a grey area i reckon? Illegal to grow/prepare em but you are allowed to pick em? Everybody has some sort of 'poison', it's just down to preference. 😉

tron
    Free Member

I'm with David Mitchell on this one. For most drugs, the best possible result of you taking them is that you don't enjoy it.

I think that in 20 years time we could well be having the same discussions about computer games – once they're truly realistic, there's no reason that they won't provide the same level of escapism that drugs can.

molgrips
    Free Member

Some drugs – yes, this is obvious. A more sensible policy might lend the govt a bit of respect on this issue I think

lowey

i've always thought that banning the ingestion of naurally occuring mushrooms in the british isles was crazy.

plus they are bloody great fun

+1

elaineanne
    Free Member

after seeing that programme with Ross Kemp- think it was kenya where 'youngsters' living off the 'tip'and glue sniffing -(that was the msot terrible thing i ever saw…

Tomahawk
    Free Member

'Escapism' as a term is true of many drugs and is often a result of unhappiness. Although it is sometimes difficult for this realization to occur. What starts as a good craic can easily become a way of life for some people. At this point there is no more fun left in taking drugs only a habit and the need for 'that' realization.

samuri
    Free Member

Do cows still go around eating magic mushrooms and subsequently savaging farmers?

allthepies
    Free Member

>after seeing that programme with Ross Kemp- think it was kenya where 'youngsters' living off the 'tip'and glue sniffing -(that was the msot terrible thing i ever saw…

Absolutely! I mean Ross Kemp FFS.

GW
    Free Member

yeah, man.. it's a well known fact cows crave escapism 🙄

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Do cows still go around eating magic mushrooms and subsequently savaging farmers?

That was CJD… not LSD. Maybe you heard wrong? 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

"The cost and availability of drugs now is very worrying"

Aren't coke prices at an all time high due to a massive crackdown on supply in the last 10 years or so? Something like £80/gram and it could be as little as 10% pure after all that, mainly made from perscription anti inflamatories these days?

samuri
    Free Member

😉 People get killed by cows all the time but I'm sure I've heard of instances where this has been blamed on them eating shrooms (not on purpose obviously but cows do spend rather a lot of time eating things off the ground in fields). Can't find any on the internet though.

GW
    Free Member

£80 a gram is still cheaper than in the 80s especially if you take inflation into account.. quality has always been ropey here.

sweepy
    Free Member

The real tradgedy is that for many cows, mushrooms are a gateway drug. Before long they're stealing to fund their smack habit, lying to the rest of the herd, and they are generally found dead in a public lavatory before their 26 birthday
    (adapted from a real drug lecture from when I was at school)

Pigface
    Free Member

A kid I was in school with in Newport died after sniffing petrol. Choked on his own vomit 😥 he was a top boy, really missed him.

I think drugs are something you grow out of, my land lady the copper was telling me about the number of people really damaged by skunk, way more that smack. It is the TVP's biggest problem round here.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Magic mushrooms are no illegal to posses even if not processed. Picking them is illegal.

The thing with drugs is ever since the dawn of conciousness in humans they have used drugs of one sort or another and different cultures use different drugs.

Different drugs have different levels of ill effects – both on individuals and society – from "E" which is very safe to alcohol and heroin that cause so many problems.

No one take "E" and goes out fighting on a Saturday night, nor do they go robbing folk to pay for their next "E"

Tomahawk – the slippery slope hypothesis is generally accepted as discredited these days – take Holland – cannabis is easily available so people who want to get high take that. There are far fewer heroin addicts in Holland than here – perhaps because the easy availability of cannabis means folk don't need to try other drugs as they can get high any time they want.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Mushrooms are a bit of a grey area i reckon? Illegal to grow/prepare em but you are allowed to pick em? Everybody has some sort of 'poison', it's just down to preference.

No longer allowed to pick either used to be legal if fresh but illegal if prepare dinanay way including drying.
    VSA – volatile substance abuse is very risky due to sudden sniffing death syndrome …that is you die due to the inhalant used …can occur at any time in experienced, novice and first time users. About 40 -50 per years and over 2000 since 1971. Cocaine and alcohol are not good for the older gent due to risk of heart attack.

Persoanlly would leagalise and legislate. Prohibition does not work – it does not stop MTB ers from riding footpaths does it why would it work elswhere..best to minimise the risks via legislation and control

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

This is collated from the best evidence we have for the relative harm from drugs

andy7t2
    Free Member

drug taking is changing it used to be about getting some glue or cannabis off your older brothers mate, now its all about buying legal drugs off the internet or joining a facebook group that will point you in the direction of your local dealer.

Some drugs are acceptable alcohol nicotine, the two biggest drug killers in this country and probably the greatest strain on public resources.

retro83
    Free Member

Pigface – Member

A kid I was in school with in Newport died after sniffing petrol. Choked on his own vomit he was a top boy, really missed him.

I think drugs are something you grow out of, my land lady the copper was telling me about the number of people really damaged by skunk, way more that smack. It is the TVP's biggest problem round here.

How were they damaged?

tron
    Free Member

This is collated from the best evidence we have for the relative harm from drugs

What's the scale?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘certain kinds of drug use……..acceptable??’ is closed to new replies.