Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Centre Parcs Elveden – is bike theft still an issue?
  • nickb

I’m going to Centre Parcs at Elveden Forest for the weekend. I hear that 2-3 years ago it was a hot-bed of bike theft with organised gangs taking bikes by the van-load.

Anyone have any recent experiences – good or bad?

Cheers,
    Nick

jkomo

Took number 2 and 3 bikes a couple of weeks ago. Just used proper locks. No bother.
    It’s like stalag 17 so don’t know how they could nic them in an organised fashion.
    I found a nice path along the perimeter fence from the golf bit down. Used my older FS which I took for wifey. I had my rigid old old bike.
    Unless you want a proper ride, a pub bike will get you around.

BillOddie

If you keep the bike in your chalet overnight you’ll not have any issues.

Take a decent lock for during the day though.

It’s a 10 min ride to get on to the Thetford trails if you want to escape the kids.

njee20
    Free Member

If you just want to ride to the swimming pool etc I’d just hire bikes (or walk), if you want to actually go riding then leave your bike in the chalet.

nickb

Hmmm… thanks all. I think I’ll take the old singlespeed!

Nick

wwaswas

Proper locks and in chalet overnight. I used to lock mine round the pipes to the boiler in the little cupboard all the chalets have by the door.

_daveR
    Free Member

I took my Soda last year and had no issues. Used a proper lock when out and about and then put them in a spare chalet bedroom over night.

verses

Not seen any thefts mentioned on the local paper’s website lately, and they used to be on there fairly frequently.

Either the thefts have died down or it’s become so frequent it’s no longer news-worthy 😉

z1ppy

Again as above I locked ours over night in the boiler cupboard, not to the outside rack. When down the swimming pool I made sure they were locked in a rack under a CCTV camera, locked to each other facing different ways using a decent lock (was only my inbred, but her indoors only bike).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Centre Parcs Elveden – is bike theft still an issue?’ is closed to new replies.