Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Centre Parcs and Security + Thetford forest
  • chuffnuts

Going to Centre Parcs in Elvedon in a few weeks and am a bit worried about the security of our bikes. Has anyone any experience or advice? we’ll have locks and be storing the bikes inside but I’ve heard quite a few reports of stolen bikes from there and am wondering whether it is worth the risk? I’d like to bring our own bikes as I would like to do some riding in Thetford…..

which reminds me, is it easy to cycle out of the Parc and find the good stuff in Thetford forest?

ski
    Free Member

Never had a problem myself and we have visited them all (Mrs used to work for CP)

My brother had a bike stolen though, so it does happen.

We locked ours inside the lodge, in the boiler room at night.

dlangers
    Free Member

I had a Heckler stolen from there last year from right outside the hotel reception it had 3 Oxford chains and d-locks holding it to the bike racking. If i was you i wouldn’t take anything decent as there is a professional bike thief ring operating in Elevendon and it WILL disappear.
    Centre Parcs are aware as are the local Police but they don`t really give a toss. Yes its easy to cycle out the park(providing you still have your bike)as the forest fire road no 72 i think is about a mile down the road.

Muke
    Free Member

Had 3 bikes stolen last week from Elvedon CP and previously had a Marin Wolfridge stolen a few years ago.I went for a look around and managed to locate my kids 2 bikes dumped by the fence but my Orange p7 was long gone.Had an insurance replacemnt for the Marin but due to a policy change cockup not insured this time. 😥
    If you take your own bikes lock them inside your villa at night.The lowlife go over the fence and wander around hunting out what they want.As each villa has a nice light outside it makes it easy for them to see what they are after, at least 2 other bikes were stolen while we were there.
    They are well organised and are equipped with some decent bolt croppers it would seem.
    CP security are not that bothered they just take a statement to pass onto the equally uninterested police and say that they are aware of the problem but that they can’t patrol all of the fenceline all of the time,I bet I could catch the scumbags given the chance.
    Thetford forest is easy, go out of CP turn left onto the main road and just after the Forest sign turn right up a fire road into the woods and you will come onto the Black run.
    Well after all the doom and gloom hope you have a nice break.

trekcol
    Free Member

if you decide to take it- do not leave it unattended outside of your lodge, especially on

when you empty the cabin for 10am, then spend a few more hours chilling or swimming whilst your bike is locked to the car in the car park – still inside the CP compound. the scum- will take your bike with or without rack…..take a basic trash/pub bike or hire one of theirs..or befriend a local on STW and ask them to loan a bike for a few beers and show you some local spots…

Spongebob
    Free Member

Why not visit Thetford forest, but stay somewhere where your bike will be safe?

largeotter
    Free Member

Good news today, a ratbag from Bury St Edmunds has just been sentenced to 2.5 years in jail for the thefts at Centre Parcs, hopeully things should now become a lot more secure.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Centre Parcs and Security + Thetford forest’ is closed to new replies.